Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roger Federer.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Amazing Tennis last night and into the last 16,Federer will be 36 in August and after watching him yesterday still retains the Serve,the Power,and the Shots to win Wimbledon the event to WIN unlike the French or the Australian and American. Maybe Grass is not a bad surface after all ?http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40544928

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nailed on winner for me. Took a bit of time to get going yesterday but once he did he strolled to victory.

Will easily beat an unfit Murray at the moment. Djokovic may give him a game though as he has shown signs he is coming back to his best.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was superb tennis to watch. Whether he has the stamina for the second week is a different matter.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Was listening to TMS on Saturday and one of the commentators, I forget who, said that his daughter had been chosen to be a ball girl at the tournament .... after some rambles he said that his daughter said that Roger Federer had been an absolute gentleman in his interactions with his daughter on court and what a delight it was for her to be out there with him as it were...He always comes over as a genuinely nice guy, lovely to find that's true in RL. If he wins it he will be a deserving champion.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Federer is the classiest player in the modern era, I have no problems with Nadal either btw.

Quite happy for both to beat the Sweaty...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here