Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lockhart Tavern Haywards Heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have never been in there but everytimne I go past there seems to be no more than 4 people in there when everywhere else is busy so poses 2 questions (1) Do the majority or in fact many really want a local beer pub (2) How long can it continue with so few customers using it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't there an ex pub landlord forum for this sort of chat?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have never been in there but everytimne I go past there seems to be no more than 4 people in there when everywhere else is busy so poses 2 questions (1) Do the majority or in fact many really want a local beer pub (2) How long can it continue with so few customers using it.

Think that must be the one I stumbled into recently on a rare recent visit to Haywards Heath. Potentially nice tho currently annoying place. Two thirds of the available space is giving over to restaurant space consisting mostly of empty tables, while everybody else who just wants to meet up with their mates for an after work drink is crammed into a tiny wee section of the place with not enough tables or seating. Owners REALLY need to re-evaluate their use of space IMHO.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Know them very well. We stock take there and they sell my beer. Saw James C last week and he plus the entire Dark Star board are very comfortable with the strong trade there. I guess you never pass by during peak hours...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Know them very well. We stock take there and they sell my beer. Saw James C last week and he plus the entire Dark Star board are very comfortable with the strong trade there. I guess you never pass by during peak hours...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Must admit I go past mainly during the day but it was empty last Sunday evening when we went to La Campana. I am surprised that pubs still have stoicktakes and do not rely on comnputerised tills and daily random counts of items. we did this in 1995 with 1 controller in the office using the computer. Whitbreads weree doing it in 1990. Stocktakes in managed houses have now become an old relic of yesterday. Leasses perhaps still need independant advice..

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Must admit I go past mainly during the day but it was empty last Sunday evening when we went to La Campana. I am surprised that pubs still have stoicktakes and do not rely on comnputerised tills and daily random counts of items. we did this in 1995 with 1 controller in the office using the computer. Whitbreads weree doing it in 1990. Stocktakes in managed houses have now become an old relic of yesterday. Leasses perhaps still need independant advice..

Imagine some landlords trying to use a computer.........[emoji23][emoji23]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

You are fecking pissed :drink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said I go past there usually during the day, so perhaps its mainly evening trade and all the other bars do the day time business I do know after eating in La Campana we stopped off at Savannahs never again. 2 Large Hennessy Brandy, nothing special and 2 x Tia Maria with ice for the ladies £33.80 .

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As I have said I go past there usually during the day, so perhaps its mainly evening trade and all the other bars do the day time business I do know after eating in La Campana we stopped off at Savannahs never again. 2 Large Hennessy Brandy, nothing special and 2 x Tia Maria with ice for the ladies £33.80 .

You are one of those so called hard up pensioners that can bore for my England.
Please feck off until someone trys to run over you in Haywards Heath.
Buy your brother in law another KEBAB

Tybalt

Jul 1, 2009
Haywards Heath
Its a great little pub, very friendly bar staff, a selection of at least 14-15 different beers as well as a good wine list and the food is well above average as well. Better food and beer selection than anywhere else in HH will give it a good chance and its worth a visit if you like "proper" beer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I rarely get out for a beer but if I am in haywards Heath it's the only place I would go

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here