Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So Rooney goes to Everton.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good luck to the fella. I've always kind of liked him to be honest.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
He needs to lose some of his muscle/bulk much like Ronaldo has recently. I think he'll be a much better player if he does that and Everton will benefit.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Haven't really rated Rooney for a couple of years now but I reckon this is an excellent move for him.
With the signings Everton have made this summer, even with losing Lukaku, I reckon they could be challenging Champions League spot this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Haven't really rated Rooney for a couple of years now but I reckon this is an excellent move for him.
With the signings Everton have made this summer, even with losing Lukaku, I reckon they could be challenging Champions League spot this season.

I dont think that they will make Champions League above the 6 favourites and would hope for Europa spot.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I saw something the other day along the lines of Man Utd will compensate him for loss of wages. Need his agent to do my contracts !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I dont think that they will make Champions League above the 6 favourites and would hope for Europa spot.

Guess it depends how Spurs fare at Wembley this season. Not done that great there recently: P9 W2 D1 L6

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I saw something the other day along the lines of Man Utd will compensate him for loss of wages. Need his agent to do my contracts !

This is excellent news.... for his wife, who will now be able to squeeze in another holiday between all the others she manages to get away on.
Regarding Wayne, I couldn't give a Chinese shite where he goes and what he does, if he spent more time playing and less time berating the ref like he thinks he is world class player then a smidgen of respect may come his way, a legend in his own thick head only.
And Everton, if they don't make The Champions League this season, Ronald will be sacked.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Rooney hardly a real replacement for Lakuku.
He'll fit into an Everton side, like he does with England.
Basically ruining the team dynamics.
Everton would've done better without him IMO :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This is excellent news.... for his wife, who will now be able to squeeze in another holiday between all the others she manages to get away on.
Regarding Wayne, I couldn't give a Chinese shite where he goes and what he does, if he spent more time playing and less time berating the ref like he thinks he is world class player then a smidgen of respect may come his way, a legend in his own thick head only.
And Everton, if they don't make The Champions League this season, Ronald will be sacked.

Have to agree,can't see Everton fans being impressed.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think the bit biggest issue for me is that, to 31, it still isn't really clear where his best position is. Is he a number 10? Is he a number 9? Is he trying to reinvent himself into a central midfield player? Basically, he's gone from being an excellent jack of many trades, to a decent jack of all trades, as Father Time has caught up with him. It's a shame really.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Good for England if he can start and play regularly as the centre piece of a good team. Not saying he'd start for England but could become a useful option again to spark something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here