Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deliveroo. What do they actually do?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just opened some kitchen sort of place in Olive Road, Hove. Lots of workers and extractor fans. You can order food from Moshimo, Chilli Pickle, Gourmet Burger Kitchen. How does it work?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
105480762-Deliveroo-2-small_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqvN6Tjh3XuoJqisf5NTIeNJ6dAl_4KjXj_SW5QjP5jOA.jpg

team-sky-deliveroo.jpg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Loads of these companies here in Hong Kong, China and Philippines. Labour is cheap so it's a few pence to get your food delivered but am suprised it's catching on over in UK. Lazy people everywhere though.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
They ride their motor-scooters or cycles like complete idiots. I dread it when I see one in my rear-view mirror, wobbling towards me, weaving through the traffic.

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Menu prices At takeaways and are on average 20% more expensive, ordered through just eats, deliverroo, order your food the old fashioned way get a menu from your favourite takeaways phone up directly it will arrive quicker and cheaper,,

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Easiest way to explain it is, they act as a courier for restaurants/takeaways to deliver their food without having to hire their own delivery staff.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
But they seem to cook on their premises or at least heat up....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They are a delivery service whose riders probably aren't insured to use their vehicles for work (alledgedly)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They pay peanuts to youngsters to deliver food to lazy middle-class people. Not a fan.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looks like extremely hard graft for the cyclists what with Brighton being so hilly. Must dread having to do a delivery to, say, the top of Elm Grove. Whatever they're getting paid, it isn't enough.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Looks like extremely hard graft for the cyclists what with Brighton being so hilly. Must dread having to do a delivery to, say, the top of Elm Grove. Whatever they're getting paid, it isn't enough.

Although, they do have food, so they can snack on the way !

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

But on a positive note it's down hill back to base.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not have to pay national minimum wage, income tax, national insurance or sick pay because all their staff are apparently "self-employed".

Gig rip-off economy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Easiest way to explain it is, they act as a courier for restaurants/takeaways to deliver their food without having to hire their own delivery staff.

thats it in a nutshell. however they are also branching into doing their own food, hence the kitchen in Hove. presumably you'll have Deliveroo branded menus in the Hove area.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Menu prices At takeaways and are on average 20% more expensive, ordered through just eats, deliverroo, order your food the old fashioned way get a menu from your favourite takeaways phone up directly it will arrive quicker and cheaper,,

But you get 20% less of a portion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here