Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southend v Brighton friendly will be a fundraiser for young Shrimpers fan with cancer

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apologies if already mentioned, I did a search but couldn't see anything. I came across this on the Southend website regards the friendly on 25th July. This 4 year old lad has the same type of cancer as Bradley Lowery.

Brighton game dedicated to Jacob Jones

Southend United’s pre-season friendly against Brighton & Hove Albion will be dedicated to Jacob Jones. 4-year-old Jacob has been fighting high-risk neuroblastoma cancer with an aggressive treatment regime since he was two. Despite this, sadly he relapsed in April 2016, which has meant more treatment.

As part of the pre-season fixture against the Premier League side, Jacob will lead the team out, have the chance to get player signatures before the game and then watch the game from the directors box with his family. There will also be a bucket collection taking place around the ground for supporters to make a donation and #JoinJacobsFight.

Jacob sadly relapsed in April 2016, which has meant more treatment. His immunotherapy in the UK ends in July, at which point there will be no further treatment options for him in the UK. While his recent scans show no evidence of disease, relapse rates are high and the chance of surviving another relapse is very low.
Knowing a further relapse could prove fatal, his family and treating team have identified the Bivalent Vaccine clinical trial at MSKCC in New York as additional therapy for Jacob should his scans remain clear of disease, which could help prevent the cancer returning.

His family are appealing for £192k to cover the costs of accessing this trial, the associated costs and a contingency for unforeseen complications. Desperate to give their son the best chance of life, they need your help to raise the funds.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2017/june/jacob-jones-appeal-game/

And there's a link to a Justgiving page here.
https://www.justgiving.com/campaigns/charity/solvingkidscancer/jacobjones

I was in two minds whether to go but after reading this will now try to get to this game.

Capture.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thanks for posting this up Buzzer , i'm sure Brighton fans will be as generous as ever at the ground and on line , and hopefully the target is reached .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here