Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell interview

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Great attitude but really don't understand why we are keeping hold of him. Failed to make any impression on the first team squad and surely wages would be better used elsewhere

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I would like him to get a loan to a championship club and to see him play every week. I think a few people would be surprised at the level of player he is. The club obviously rate him to give him a new contract which he even admitted was a surprise to him. To throw him straight into the premiership wasn't an option so a loan to championship club makes sense. Still a good age at 26 and was recovering from injury last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great attitude but really don't understand why we are keeping hold of him. Failed to make any impression on the first team squad and surely wages would be better used elsewhere
I'd imagine, in the whole grand scheme of things, the words 'what wages' are more than relevant.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
CH wants to keep him. Seems fair enough to me.

Yeah I understand that, I just don't quite understand why he wants to keep him if he clearly doesn't think he is currently good enough to be in a Championship team let alone a Premier League team. I'm sure he has his reasons however and I do trust CH's judgement (even if I don't always understand it)

Albion not ready to throw in the.............
sponge?

forrest-gump-im-not-a-smart-man-but-i-know-when-to-throw-in-the-towel.jpg

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
He is a player who has never been given the opportunity to show if he is good enough or not. Has a good attitude. Has scored goals. A Championship loan would show just how good a player he is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah I understand that, I just don't quite understand why he wants to keep him if he clearly doesn't think he is currently good enough to be in a Championship team let alone a Premier League team. I'm sure he has his reasons however and I do trust CH's judgement (even if I don't always understand it)
He doesn't think he's good enough for a Championship team? I wonder why he's trying to loan him out to one, then.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
He doesn't think he's good enough for a Championship team? I wonder why he's trying to loan him out to one, then.

He may be trying but 1 league appearance and only 4 in all competitions since Nov 2015 suggests he doesn't think he is good enough for a decent championship side.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He may be trying but 1 league appearance and only 4 in all competitions since Nov 2015 suggests he doesn't think he is good enough for a decent championship side.
If he thought that, he wouldn't be trying to loan him out for a season in the Championship. Hughton's no fool.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Or - infinitely more probably - he has been injured.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Oh Richie, Richie Towell, baby....
Richie Towell baby,
Richie Towell, Richie Towell
(Repeat)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
So a loan to (ugh!) Middlesbrough for 17-18 and to Huddersfield for 18-19 would keep him playing in the Championship then. Always loan the dirty (injured) Towell, never the clean one.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I delivered a parcel to his house in Worthing recently, not saying exactly where. A very friendly chap, with no ego talk of I'm a professional footballer of a premier league club.

I didn't mention that I was a BHA fan, as I wanted to respect his privacy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here