Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fortune tellers , palm readers , ouija boards

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone got any experiences , good / bad / indifferent ?

The death thread promoted this as a mate of mine was told by a fortune teller he would be involved in a bike accident ( can't remember if exact date names or a period close to it ).

His brother had the accident that fitted the prediction which was strange (he's ok now )but in my mind entirely consequential.

Ouija boards - have heard of predictions on those . Not for me those things but fascinating all the same .

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I used to do the ouija board regularly years ago.
Last time was very frightening so never touched it again.
used to read tarot cards too but I stopped dealing with the occult years ago now

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Went to a Shaman in Florida a life ago and she was very accurate.

My sister went to a fortune teller not long after my dad died and she was told many accurate things about him including the name of his dog which was not a common name.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Through a mutual friend, I met a 'fortune teller' many years ago. Her thing was making educated guesses based on empathizing and asking leading questions. We all fit into stereotypical patterns and some people can read them btter than others. The clever ones can be quite narcissistic though. I deliberatly stonewalled her, not responding to her empathizing and flirting. She was LIVID. I would imagine the great leaders of men use similar tricks. Mourinho, for example.

And... I am a certain there is no spirit world as I am crtain there is no god. I absolutely love the idea of th occult, but it isn't real. This bloke is the great debunker and is worth reading about:

http://web.randi.org/about-james-randi.html

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Through a mutual friend, I met a 'fortune teller' many years ago. Her thing was making educated guesses based on empathizing and asking leading questions. We all fit into stereotypical patterns and some people can read them btter than others. The clever ones can be quite narcissistic though. I deliberatly stonewalled her, not responding to her empathizing and flirting. She was LIVID. I would imagine the great leaders of men use similar tricks. Mourinho, for example.

And... I am a certain there is no spirit world as I am crtain there is no god. I absolutely love the idea of th occult, but it isn't real. This bloke is the great debunker and is worth reading about:

His 1 million point prize has been running since 1964vand no one's claimed it, I watch some of them on you tube he is brilliant.
Derran Brown has also debunked pyscics by actually performing like one and getting "even the things no one else can know" right

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
His 1 million point prize has been running since 1964vand no one's claimed it, I watch some of them on you tube he is brilliant.
Derran Brown has also debunked pyscics by actually performing like one and getting "even the things no one else can know" right

You know they use stooges?

There are plenty of fakes, but the occult is not something to mess around with.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

https://www.ted.com/talks/james_randi

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I do like to dabble in the occult. I often issue curses and cast spells of death or disease on people I don't like. It keeps me busy while there's no football on and it's something to do with the kids.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Anyone got any experiences , good / bad / indifferent ?

The death thread promoted this as a mate of mine was told by a fortune teller he would be involved in a bike accident ( can't remember if exact date names or a period close to it ).

His brother had the accident that fitted the prediction which was strange (he's ok now )but in my mind entirely consequential.

Ouija boards - have heard of predictions on those . Not for me those things but fascinating all the same .

For someone who made a living out of contacting the dead, Doris Stokes is having a bit of trouble communicating from the other side after 30 years!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Indeed. Filmed him bending spoons the easy way :ohmy:

Geller was a classic charismatic narcissist illusionist, who made the mistake of pretending it was real.

I love the idea of magic, and am still a massive fan of HP Lovecraft, Harry Potter and Dr Who. But I don't like nastiness and shock horror (as a fiction genre).

I agree with a previous poster who suggested the occult is dangerous - being tied up while some nut job cuts or burns you while chanting bollocks is certainly dangerous. Human beings can be very dangrous . . . .

Anyway.... back to illusionists - I rather like the Dynamo chap, but the American who dangled himself in a box on the Southbank - what a bore! Cheers :wave:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I used to do the ouija board regularly years ago.
Last time was very frightening so never touched it again.
used to read tarot cards too but I stopped dealing with the occult years ago now

I bet at the time though you did not see that coming?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I do like to dabble in the occult. I often issue curses and cast spells of death or disease on people I don't like. It keeps me busy while there's no football on and it's something to do with the kids.

A www bless how nice I like to see family's with a shared intrest outside of football

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Have you thought about contacting the club, you could help us stay up this season with those skills.
Sitting in the stands sticking pins in dolls that look like opposition players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here