Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being asked how you think we will do next season? Completely pointless at this stage.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone else getting fed up by the glory boys of Man Utd or whoever constantly saying you're definitely going down, what do you think, want a bet, etc etc. Has anyone taken any of these bets? I'm already out for £150 if we go down which is stupid given my current view is as follows:

No more signings - going down
A striker signing of good quality - a chance of staying up
A striker plus four other good quality players - possibly out of the bottom six

Surely that is a realistic assessment of where we can finish but until end of August we really won't know what our chances are I'd say.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very phoney time of year.

Our current squad would have a chance of staying up - probably roughly on a par with Huddersfield.

The quality of squad I expect Tony Bloom ultimately to put together will be much better and should stay up quite comfortably.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Team spirit counts for a massive amount. Always has for the Albion and has always taken the club far further that they any of the professional pundits ever gave them credit for.

Same still stands.

Just so long as the club slaps down VERY HARD very earlydoors on any big time charlie going on the piss antics like those that cost us the Championship title.

Keep the team spirit going and crack down bigtime on anybody threatening to disrupt it and a top half finish beckons.

IMHO, like. Obviously.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A quick look and we are 6/5 to be relegated. Stick £125 on that and it'll cover the £150 if we go down and you'll be £25 up if we stay up.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Team spirit counts for a massive amount. Always has for the Albion and has always taken the club far further that they any of the professional pundits ever gave them credit for.

Same still stands.

Just so long as the club slaps down VERY HARD very earlydoors on any big time charlie going on the piss antics like those that cost us the Championship title.

I'm putting the title down to the utterly ridiculous and disrespectful amount of pomp and bullshit before the Bristol game. There was no way they weren't going to get something from that game after all that. Football karma.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm putting the title down to the utterly ridiculous and disrespectful amount of pomp and bullshit before the Bristol game. There was no way they weren't going to get something from that game after all that. Football karma.

That opera singer woman is Albion equivalent of the grim reaper. Whenever she gets wheeled out before a game, we're f*cked before we even start.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Same still stands.

Brighton's squad spirit is exceptional. Rosenoir's talk at our kid's school last week touched on it again.

But in 38 unforgiving games against internationals, players with great strength, skill and searing pace, with classy defenders; we're going to need several high quality recruits to give us any chance. This includes covering for injuries and suspensions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With the current squad? We are going down mainly because we won't score enough imo. With the squad when the window closes, can I get back to you?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I actually genuinely don't know any "glory boys".

I would say though, that my current view is very different to yours in that I think it's all about maintaining team spirit rather than who we sign.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Some of the hierarchy love OTT Americanism. Personally ****ing hate all this rah rah shit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well I've had a bet on Birmingham City winning promotion,and think we will be playing them in the Prem,having stayed up comfortably.But then,I've always been an optimist.:smokin:

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just tell em we're expected to go down, they're expected to win the season. If we're relegated we've simply done what's expected of us. Where's if they aren't crowned champions...they're a bunch of failures. Losers. Absolute Losers. Now tell em to stick that in their pipe and smoke it!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nobody has ever asked me who my Premier League team is, nor have they asked me how I think we'll do this season. Maybe some of you are associating with the wrong types?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nobody has ever asked me who my Premier League team is, nor have they asked me how I think we'll do this season. Maybe some of you are associating with the wrong types?

This, completely. Based on ST renewals, most of us who will be there in the forthcoming season will be exactly the same people as who were there last season. And in very many cases, for very many seasons before that. So far as I can see, nothing very much has changed, other than the outside perceptions looking in. We're still the same bunch of familiar faces.

SAC

May 21, 2014

Seriously? Every season I get asked this. I will also ask mates how they think their teams will do. At the end of the season we will claim that we picked predicted it perfectly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Seriously? Every season I get asked this. I will also ask mates how they think their teams will do. At the end of the season we will claim that we picked predicted it perfectly.

Seriously. Most of my mates are Brighton fans, and those I know that support other teams are 'proper' fans of 'proper' clubs who know what it's like. Betting is a mugs game, so I'm happy just to talk about the teams and managers rather than trying to guess or blag.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...big time charlie going on the piss antics like those that cost us the Championship title.

That still really hurts me every time I think about it - more than I would ever be prepared to admit.

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here