Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match by Match ticket prices

The cheapest adult ticket for a Cat A game shall be £45.00. This is a 40% increase on last season.

I would have thought A high number of games will be Cat A. I can't see the following being any different:-

Arsenal
Man U
Man City
Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool

These could be A or B depending on when they end up being played:-

Palace
West Ham
Southampton
Everton
Newcastle

Bournemouth, Leicester could be B or C and I think the following will be C's but some could be B's depending on timings.

Burnley
Huddersfield
Stoke
Swansea
Watford
West Brom

How do our prices compare to others? Are you comfortable for having to find £45 for what might be half of our games?

If nothing else, this continues to underscore the value of a season ticket.

Prices are here: https://www.seagullstickets.com/documents/pdf/1718/1718MatchTicket_pricing.pdf

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
This will help the clubs coffers no end, after all the TV money is rather insignificant these days.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I guess this is a simple supply and demand situation. The club know that home games against the top teams in the country will sell out. Face it they could charge £70 and there would be enough people wanting to go to sell it out.The sad thing about it to me is that the club starts to become more elitist. People who used to be able to afford to go to 10 or so games a season may now only be able to afford 5 or 6. There will be more JCLs which could have a negative effect on the atmosphere at games.

Having said that, the club need to make some money. All the clubs that are going to be A category games have bigger grounds and some of them being further up north will have significantly lower running costs (based on business rates, hourly wage etc) and that is before you add in their large worldwide fan bases. Our overheads will go up this season as well due to things like extra policing.

Tony Bloom as spent a lot of his personal money on this club. It is because of him we are where we are. Unlike some we have not get here by spending shit loads on players but by being careful and finding the bargains and future stars. In the Premier League even the journeymen players seem to come with a Premier League Tax attached, what with signing on fees, relocation fees, agent fees, money for the wife and kids and a new chewy toy for the pet dog.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Happy with that and I'm a tightwad. Whether I'll be able to get a ticket for any games apart from for Burnley, Stoke, Huddersfield and Swansea at home is another matter.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
At Spurs, Cat As were £50-£80 plus £1.75 booking fee. Bs started at £40 & Cs at £30,

Cup games £20-25.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
At Spurs, Cat As were £50-£80 plus £1.75 booking fee. Bs started at £40 & Cs at £30,

Cup games £20-25.

Do you think that will still be the case this season given the fact that they will not want to be playing in a half empty Wembley?

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Do you think that will still be the case this season given the fact that they will not want to be playing in a half empty Wembley?

Mate.I think they have royally F***** up the Wembley ticket pricing. They are trying to sell another 18.5k STs to make a total of 38k.
They have been going down the waiting list offering them to members. They are now being offered to members who are 60k on the list and still have a few left - the reason people joined the list in the first place was to get priority for match tickets on an ad hoc basis - not because they actually wanted an ST.

These STs started at £650 & go up to £1400 (Club Wembley), These are similar price points to WHL but you have the double whammy of Wembley is a hell hole & NOT home. The club were banking on the fact that to guarantee an ST for the new WHL, you had to buy one for Wembley. This has not turned out as well as they hoped.

They also now have the issue that they cannot sell individual match tickets for less than the effective price a ST holder has (£34 per match in my case).

Will see how today's tranche goes.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I thought the cheapest tickets had to be the same as away tickets, i.e. £30?

Mate.I think they have royally F***** up the Wembley ticket pricing. They are trying to sell another 18.5k STs to make a total of 38k.
They have been going down the waiting list offering them to members. They are now being offered to members who are 60k on the list and still have a few left - the reason people joined the list in the first place was to get priority for match tickets on an ad hoc basis - not because they actually wanted an ST.

These STs started at £650 & go up to £1400 (Club Wembley), These are similar price points to WHL but you have the double whammy of Wembley is a hell hole & NOT home. The club were banking on the fact that to guarantee an ST for the new WHL, you had to buy one for Wembley. This has not turned out as well as they hoped.

They also now have the issue that they cannot sell individual match tickets for less than the effective price a ST holder has (£34 per match in my case).

Will see how today's tranche goes.

Interesting, what crowds are you expecting then? Are they still planning on only handing out 3,000 away tickets?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As expected really. Maybe once we are established in the PL with the TV money the prices can come down or at least frozen

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I thought the cheapest tickets had to be the same as away tickets, i.e. £30?

Interesting, what crowds are you expecting then? Are they still planning on only handing out 3,000 away tickets?

Apparently so. But that might be 'adjusted' here & there i imagine. Especially for Cat Bs & Cs.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Well, it won't be cheap to take kids to the game any more. between £25 and £18 per game will put a lot of folk off and result in fewer kids at games. My boys both have season tickets so they are still about the same as last season only fewer games so bit more expensive per game. No where near £18 a game though.

SAC

May 21, 2014
As expected really. Maybe once we are established in the PL with the TV money the prices can come down or at least frozen

That has to be one of the optimistic posts I have ever read on here!

A massive price increase in year one so they can claim a price freeze in year two or more likely increase ST prices and claim that they are a bargain compared to buying match day tickets.

At least Spurs fans will get a one way mirror to see people eating cheese. Or something like that.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
There's a line in that article about the game being less of a friendly and more of an experiment to test just how much football fans will be willing to pay. Just bonkers pricing.

Agreed. I have to make (at least) 19 trips to that hell hole. Im not paying £45 to make it one more via a 'friendly'

N17

Jun 21, 2011
That has to be one of the optimistic posts I have ever read on here!

A massive price increase in year one so they can claim a price freeze in year two or more likely increase ST prices and claim that they are a bargain compared to buying match day tickets.

At least Spurs fans will get a one way mirror to see people eating cheese. Or something like that.

If BHA (hopefully) establish themselves in the Prem, there is'nt a snowball in hell's chance that prices will come down.

The infamous cheese tunnel. Can you edam & eve it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here