Sep 10, 2010
London
Seconded. All the best to the lad.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Absolutely, all the best to him and great that players are undergoing a thorough enough degree of medicals to pick up things like this.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Very touching message of support from Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has sent his best wishes to Wolves counterpart Carl Ikeme after he was diagnosed with acute leukaemia.

Germany international Ter Stegen posted on Facebook on Friday saying that the news that Ikeme, 31, had the condition had "touched his heart".

The diagnosis came about following pre-season blood tests on the player, who has been with Wolves throughout his professional career.

Ter Stegen wrote: "Today I read the story about Carl Ikeme, a goalkeeper for Nigeria and Wolverhampton, who's been diagnosed with acute leukaemia. A person I've never met but his story affects me and touches my heart.

"I can't underline how important health is. In sport, it means a lot for every athlete; and it's not just crucial so that we perform well but our health does affect us mentally also. I wish Carl and his family all the strength in the world.

"I'm sure his team-mates and club will be there too, and all their fans. It's important to be united! And me too, I offer all my possible support. I'm hoping he can fight like goalkeepers always do, with a calm and positive mind.

"I believe in you, Carl. Be strong. Be brave."

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's been announced today that Carl Ikeme has decided to retire from football after consulting with his doctors. Last month he revealed that the cancer was in complete remission, but the treatment has taken a toll on his body and he cannot risk his health trying to continue his football career. He seems to be very pragmatic about it

"I want to be here for my children, family and friends.

"In the grand scheme of things with your life in danger it's the minimum price I have to pay to spend the rest of my time with my family."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44980843

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...lves-keeper-carl-ikeme-retires-from-football/

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here