Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold, Crazy, Stupid, Who i'd like us to go for;

Feb 21, 2009
In my opinion best striker I've seen at the Amex, 2013 FA Cup match against Arsenal, was Giroud.

Chuck 15m at Arsenal now they've signed Lacazette and 70-80k a week.

Would this be as crazy as rumours for Hernandez, Braithwaite, Cafu, all rumoured around 12-15 million pound mark too.

As a say just a bold, crazy, stupid thread no doubt!

Happy Thursday one and all!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps Arsenal could throw in Lucas Perez as well as a deal sweetener while they are at it.

:albion2:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
In my opinion best striker I've seen at the Amex, 2013 FA Cup match against Arsenal, was Giroud.

Chuck 15m at Arsenal now they've signed Lacazette and 70-80k a week.

Giroud already a lot of suitors. Everton have a strong interest according to the papers and a few of the larger French clubs have been linked already.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Unfortunately I can't see us being able to pay his wages either.

But spot on - I haven't seen a better striker's performance at the Amex either. That goal where he took it away from El Abd was sublime.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly I don't think we are aiming anywhere near that high. It would smash the wage structure and cause dissent with the other players imo. We are going to do this in a belt and braces style and it won't be pretty. Staying up is all that matters, with a battling mentality and a defensive attitude.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ok seeing as we're being silly, wages count this one out too but..... Jesus Navas, released by Citeh, as far as i know still a free agent.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Sadly I don't think we are aiming anywhere near that high. It would smash the wage structure and cause dissent with the other players imo. We are going to do this in a belt and braces style and it won't be pretty. Staying up is all that matters, with a battling mentality and a defensive attitude.

This is undoubtedly the strategy in my book. We have always operated a "sensible" policy, and not thrown money at it, and I don't see us changing now. Yes, we probably have more to play with now and breaking transfer and wages records could happen, but then the bar isn't too high in the first place. Wages, while not being the headline maker, are probably the overall guiding factor in negotiations.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ok seeing as we're being silly, wages count this one out too but..... Jesus Navas, released by Citeh, as far as i know still a free agent.

Really? Shows how much time i haven't wasted watching the premier league over the last few years, i thought he was pretty good :lolol:

Quoted myself oops! Should have been [MENTION=206]Marshy[/MENTION]

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Still a current French international. Quite apart from the wages issue, his stock is simply far too high for the likes of us. He'll move to a club in or challenging for Europe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here