Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England v South Africa, First Test at Lord's

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The summer starts!

Saffers not a bad team but should have the beating of them at home.

Quite why Liam Dawson has been selected I have no idea, on the other hand given my prowess with both bat and ball... :facepalm:

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Looking forward to it. Going Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Personally I thin our bowling looks a bit weak. Both Broad and Anderson are creaking a little and there's not a whole lot of back up around the county circuit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was offered freebies for today and tomorrow, but turned them down as I couldn't REALLY spare the time off work.

Sat in my already sweltering office right now, feeling like a bit of a ****.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Elgar on debut proves himself to be a useless tosser, and Root on debut decides that England will have a bat - with a tinge of green in the wicket, and a pretty warm morning... this could be a brave decision!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I was offered freebies for today and tomorrow, but turned them down as I couldn't REALLY spare the time off work.

Sat in my already sweltering office right now, feeling like a bit of a ****.
That is sad at more than 1 level. You really need to sort your priorities out HKFC.

I really can't afford to take time away from work but I'm taking my middle lad to Arundel tomorrow. Getting stuck in Arundel traffic on the return from my current commute to Cosham was the final deciding straw yesterday.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England: AN Cook, KK Jennings, GS Ballance, JE Root*, JM Bairstow†, BA Stokes, MM Ali, LA Dawson, SCJ Broad, MA Wood, JM Anderson

South Africa: HG Kuhn, D Elgar*, HM Amla, JP Duminy, T Bavuma, TB de Bruyn, Q de Kock†, VD Philander, KA Maharaj, K Rabada, M Morkel

Stat alert: England haven't lost in their last 17 Tests at Lord's when batting first. Last time they lost was against SA in 2003

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last time we lost a test match at Lords batting first was back in 2003.......to South Africa.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What happened to the bright new star, of the last series, Haseeb Hameed?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is sad at more than 1 level. You really need to sort your priorities out HKFC.

You are completely right, of course.

In my feeble defence, I was away Thursday, Friday and Monday in Stockholm (see the 'Have you ever won anything' thread for further details) and the tickets were only offered to me whilst I was away over there, with no easy access to rearranging the work stuff already arranged for these two days :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here