Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What would make you happier

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Would staying up next season be comparable to getting promoted this season.Or should we just keep them separate

Personally I don't think this season will ever be eclipsed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I don't think it would be the same as getting promoted. However, it will be wonderful. The euphoria of getting promoted is that we finally did it, 34 years wait and the struggles in between seem to be distant but not so far from our minds.

The main thing that made last season so enjoyable was how we maintained the momentum from the previous season and the unity in the squad only strengthened. Our players played for the team, Hughton and the club. Staying up will be incredible, but I don't think it'll be the same.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Bruno lifting the title would have been hard to beat.

Staying up next season will be massive considering the odds stacked against us.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Finishing 17th on GD can't be compared to getting back to the top after 30+ years of struggles.

We won* the battle last season.
Now we're in the thick of the war.

*2nd

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I said today to my lad that I'm not sure last season will ever be topped. Sometimes the journey really is better than the destination.

And I say that as someone who once spent 11 nights in Marmaris.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I said today to my lad that I'm not sure last season will ever be topped. Sometimes the journey really is better than the destination.

This. I think last season will go down in memory as THE. BEST. EVER. Even more than '79 when we hit the top flight for the first time, because of the events of the last 20 years.

Even if we get relegated this season and then bounce straight back up next, the promotion back to the Premier League would be nothing compared to last season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This. I think last season will go down in memory as THE. BEST. EVER. Even more than '79 when we hit the top flight for the first time, because of the events of the last 20 years.

Even if we get relegated this season and then bounce straight back up next, the promotion back to the Premier League would be nothing compared to last season.

I found that as memorable as last season ...each success has its own bit of specialness

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here