Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, The Lumineers - Hyde Park - this Sun, 9th. Cheap ticket for sale

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
One spare ticket for sale. I've bought two tickets and been let down. Still going though, because of wanting to see not only Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks but also Tyler Bryant and Jordan Mackampa, plus also The Lumieers. It's a great line up imo. The rrp is £65.50 plus fees per ticket. I bought them on ebay, have them in hand and paid £40 each. Will sell the spare for £35, face to face only. I live in Brighton BN1 and work in Worthing BN11 (but I'm only at work until Thursday 7pm ish this week). Yes it's from ebay but I've been using ebay for 10+ years and am very careful. I have the tickets and they're genuine and, as I say, I'm going myself. Genuine sale. If interested, please contact me on 07982 316805 due to the gig being upcoming. J

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
just sitting here playing Tom P, have done all week. Got myself a ticket back in Dec, can't friggin wait, loved Tom since i first heard him , i'm k
like a kid waiting for Christmas Day .....
don't blame you still going on your own, chance to see the big man is an extremely rare happening

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Saw TP at the Brighton Centre decades ago, great songs, but with his southern accent couldn't understand a word he was saying between songs

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Festivals in Hyde Park are an absolute sham. I hope you enjoy but in my experience and increasingly discovering other friends wouldn't go again from their similar experiences at different 'concerts' there, it's a complete waste of time and very poor value for money. Massively over crowded, terrible sound and lucky to see the artist you can be so far back - I shit you not! Better off roaming round a food court with earphones listening to said artist! That doesn't cost £70 entrance at least and you're also not surrounded by hammered in the sun types who really just want to sit on blankets / guard their pitch whilst chatting (shouting!) with mates.

Very high chance you won't be in the same postcode as Tom Petty and Co. I came away from stevie wonder 'festival' being able to say, well, I believe he was in London the same day as I was...never saw him and could barely hear him. For £100, abolished garbage though. The event organisers must be absolutely creaming it and laughing, really laughing, all the way to the bank. Festivals are THE money making thing now, they're everywhere and right now business is good. But people are waking up to fact many are absolute s hite value for money.

Hope you have a much better 'experience' though, it's all about the 'experience' if you listen to the marketers! :)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Festivals in Hyde Park are an absolute sham. I hope you enjoy but in my experience and increasingly discovering other friends wouldn't go again from their similar experiences at different 'concerts' there, it's a complete waste of time and very poor value for money. Massively over crowded, terrible sound and lucky to see the artist you can be so far back - I shit you not! Better off roaming round a food court with earphones listening to said artist! That doesn't cost £70 entrance at least and you're also not surrounded by hammered in the sun types who really just want to sit on blankets / guard their pitch whilst chatting (shouting!) with mates.

Very high chance you won't be in the same postcode as Tom Petty and Co. I came away from stevie wonder 'festival' being able to say, well, I believe he was in London the same day as I was...never saw him and could barely hear him. For £100, abolished garbage though. The event organisers must be absolutely creaming it and laughing, really laughing, all the way to the bank. Festivals are THE money making thing now, they're everywhere and right now business is good. But people are waking up to fact many are absolute s hite value for money.

Hope you have a much better 'experience' though, it's all about the 'experience' if you listen to the marketers! :)

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy (you do sound a bit bitter mate though!). It's his only UK date and I've enjoyed many bands at Hyde Park (never paying full price, mind) from headliners Neil Young, Depeche Mode, The National etc to the smaller stages (not a fan but did catch James Bay playing infront of 40-50 people when unknown) , plus Super Furries, The Only Ones, Phospherescent in a small tent etc. It's not a loud concert by any means, for the headliner anyway, but it's still worth going imo (as I say, I still am and can't wait as there are many good small bands playing aswell, making it worth getting in early too).

Anyway, thanks (no really) for the sales pitch haha.

edit - hope you feel better for your rant!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy (you do sound a bit bitter mate though!). It's his only UK date and I've enjoyed many bands at Hyde Park (never paying full price, mind) from headliners Neil Young, Depeche Mode, The National etc to the smaller stages (not a fan but did catch James Bay playing infront of 40-50 people when unknown) , plus Super Furries, The Only Ones, Phospherescent in a small tent etc. It's not a loud concert by any means, for the headliner anyway, but it's still worth going imo (as I say, I still am and can't wait as there are many good small bands playing aswell, making it worth getting in early too).

Anyway, thanks (no really) for the sales pitch haha.

edit - hope you feel better for your rant!

You know the score then, sorry! Sure you'll be fine and Tom Petty is absolute brilliant musician. So many great songs. Have fun!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here