Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broken: BBC1

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Great BBC drama that I have really enjoyed - if 'enjoyed' is the right word.

Superb, thought-provoking writing by Jimmy McGovern and outstandingly acted by Sean Bean. If he doesn't scoop up awards by the barrow load for this performance then there really isn't much more he can do.

"Body of Christ, you wonderful priest."

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Great BBC drama that I have really enjoyed - if 'enjoyed' is the right word.

Superb, thought-provoking writing by Jimmy McGovern and outstandingly acted my Sean Bean. If he doesn't scoop up awards by the barrow load for this performance then there really isn't much more he can do.

"Body of Christ, you wonderful priest."

My first thought when I saw the trailer for it, was another religious drama.
But I did persevere and glad that I did.
Another cracker from Jimmy McGovern :thumbsup:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Some interesting plots. The sermon about righteous anger and people then deciding to smash up the gambling machines was maybe the highlight for me.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I watched every episode, very unusual for me, it just got better and better, last night's was exceptional. Never rated Sean Bean's acting, although i liked Sharpe, but he was very good in this. Loved the machine wrecking

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thoroughly superb series, really enjoyed it

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Obviously Jimmy McGovern's writing is a big factor but in these 6 episodes I think Sean Bean has put himself in that elite group of great British actors, as previously said on this thread the slot machine sermon was superb, somewhat ironic that it was broadcast at exactly the same time at that pile of s*** they call 'Love Island', the extremes of British television.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I thought it was a bit slow and disjointed (Anna friel's story seemed ages ago) and I kept waiting for Sean to really crack but I admit to welling up at the end. Great acting.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here