Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Signs that a colleague is hung over

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Burger and chips for breakfast at their desk.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Had a certain colleague who'd bring in a 1.5 litre bottle of diet coke as a hang over cure. Seeing it in the fridge was the cue to take the piss out of them.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
We had a gentleman last week yet to reach the hangover stage by the time he arrived at work. He spent about 45 minutes stood in the kitchen leaning against the worktop, swaying and leering at any women in there. Presumably thought he was there for 20 seconds and being very subtle. He'd actually attracted quite a crowd.

Haven't seen him this week. Maybe he's on holiday.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A mild hangover is manageable but I've never understood why people don't just call in sick when they are still drunk or too hungover. It's just not worth going in in that state.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Same shirt and tie as the day before is a huge give away, especially for London based commuters. Usually means they've slept at their desk for a few hours as they've missed the last train.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They've "got in early" after sleeping under their desk.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
We had a gentleman last week yet to reach the hangover stage by the time he arrived at work. He spent about 45 minutes stood in the kitchen leaning against the worktop, swaying and leering at any women in there. Presumably thought he was there for 20 seconds and being very subtle. He'd actually attracted quite a crowd.

Haven't seen him this week. Maybe he's on holiday.

:rotlf:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
blokes - whiffs of alcohol and kebab, red eyes, sweaty, coke a cola

ladies - yesterdays make up, slightly smeared, uncharacteristically creased clothes, one shoe, matted hair, coke a cola

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Suspiciously long and frequent potty breaks.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
For one of the test managers employed by one of my old clients it was yesterday's suit with added vomit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same shirt and tie as the day before is a huge give away, especially for London based commuters. Usually means they've slept at their desk for a few hours as they've missed the last train.

Or a very obviously new shirt (with the unironed, 'fresh out of the packet' creases).......

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I can't work on hangovers anymore.

Used to be able to spring into work after an all-nighter. No longer. Any more than a few medium strength anonobeers and I'm a complete waste.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A mild hangover is manageable but I've never understood why people don't just call in sick when they are still drunk or too hungover. It's just not worth going in in that state.

I can't be certain but the thought of losing ones job for a hangover sicky, not wanting to let colleagues down might be a reason, I appreciate that anyone in a union backed industry is exempt from the above though!!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Since giving up the booze I can literally smell a hangover from a distance. When the wife has had a couple of glasses of wine and falls asleep I can smell it. I never could before, probably because I stank of it as well. Little tip, it’s not a very nice smell and even if you can’t smell it, if you are hung over you probably stink.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Since giving up the booze I can literally smell a hangover from a distance. When the wife has had a couple of glasses of wine and falls asleep I can smell it. I never could before, probably because I stank of it as well. Little tip, it’s not a very nice smell and even if you can’t smell it, if you are hung over you probably stink.

Always one self righteous poster trying to spoil everyones fun!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can't be certain but the thought of losing ones job for a hangover sicky, not wanting to let colleagues down might be a reason, I appreciate that anyone in a union backed industry is exempt from the above though!!

Well of course but I mean, going in pissed so that all you're good for is leaning up in the kitchen leering at women is hardly gonna secure your job or support your colleagues.
If anyone came into my workplace like that, they'd be dismissed on the spot. And quite right too.
You don't ring up and go "I got all pissed up so I'm having a day off". You use another reason, surely?

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Always one self righteous poster trying to spoil everyones fun!

I'll be there like a shot, every time! :wave:

I spend what seems like the majority my 20’s early 30’s at work hung over. I can still remember the paranoia, sweats and single minded hunger for salty snacks. Can of Irn Bru and bacon sarnie would sort me out most times.
Most days of work I need to be in the car, that is one of the main reasons I gave up the booze. Not worth the risk to life (Mine or others) or my employment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here