Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are your plums ready?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My plum tree seems to have fruit ready earlier than most. I am not sure the variety but Avalon plums online look like mine. But the web says 'ready in August'. I have ripe plums now. I'd be grateful for a steer on the variety (they look like Avalons) but surely it is too early for them? Faversham does have an odd climate with unusual amounts of hot air, especially in my locale (ahem) but nevertheless.

Jam and chutney . . . bloody marvellous! punk:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My plum tree seems to have fruit ready earlier than most. I am not sure the variety but Avalon plums online look like mine. But the web says 'ready in August'. I have ripe plums now. I'd be grateful for a steer on the variety (they look like Avalons) but surely it is too early for them? Faversham does have an odd climate with unusual amounts of hot air, especially in my locale (ahem) but nevertheless.

My Money Tree is in a right state ..perhaps you can help

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Always thought you were a bit of a plum :laugh::wink:

Seriously though, good for you.

I have been smarting for weeks that your asparagus poked itself out of the ground before mine :wozza::lolol::bigwave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All gone to seed now, unlike the proverbial jaffa!
Do you know anything about pear trees, patio variety?

No, nothing (pears). Gardening is good, though, innit? :thumbsup:

We have massive beetroots, curly cale and brocolli all ripe now. Mrs T's picks this year, and every one a winner!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I had a plum and fig special pud over the weekend and the first lot we got in were very soft ie over ripe. They were English, not sure of variety. Would the warm summer we're having been a factor?

D

Deleted member 2719

The Kiwi is loaded with fruit this year.
Apples and pears average, but with tons of leaf growth, I can only attribute that to the heatwave.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought the article was something to do with watching the Wimbledon ladies tennis with the curtains closed :(

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
No soft fruit at Jakarta Towers but we have an Almond Tree that has gone into interstellar overdrive after being planted some 5 years ago.

Sadly neither of us like Almonds! :down:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I noticed yesterday that my apples were starting to ripen, and they're an autumn fruit

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I noticed yesterday that my apples were starting to ripen, and they're an autumn fruit

Strange, isn't it . . . . .

Well, first time in a very long time we have had such sustained heat, sun and rain in June . . . . maybe that has something to do with it....

I'll post some piccies of my fruit and veg (and that's not a euphemism) in a day or so. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here