Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great White off Hayling Island.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Here we go again. I won't believe it until there are actual picture or someone gets attacked ( is Mr Corbyn going there on his Summer hols? ). Most Likely to be a large Porbeagle or my Wife.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Great-white-shark-Britain-Coast-Hayling-Island-Sussex-Hampshire-Graeme-Pullen-Jaws-Plan-626010.jpg

Picture from the Daily Star, 1 to 1 scale.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7k9Qa...8VdowcUCRIn1IznJWvRrulZSW38PbtI-00VIlwYlxK8hA

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As someone who regularly swims a fair distance out to sea, these things do play on the mind, especially when you look back at the beach, the people are just dots and there's nothing but deep water all around you...and then you start a manic crawl stroke back to shore before a great white has your legs/torso away.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here we go again. I won't believe it until there are actual picture or someone gets attacked

Indeed - scaremongering! Like the mayor of Amity Island, I'll need a lot more evidence before I start to panic, preferably a death or two. I hope the tourist industry around the island is unaffected by this bull.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As someone who regularly swims a fair distance out to sea, these things do play on the mind, especially when you look back at the beach, the people are just dots and there's nothing but deep water all around you...and then you start a manic crawl stroke back to shore before a great white has your legs/torso away.

I have always considered myself a good swimmer, but the actual thought of going in the water far out to sea anywhere absolutely fills me with dread, it genuinely scares me and always has.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

To put the risk in context, the odds of being killed by a shark are 239,998,500 greater than the odds on Brighton winning the Premier League this season. :)

D

Deleted member 2719

Here we go again. I won't believe it until there are actual picture or someone gets attacked ( is Mr Corbyn going there on his Summer hols? ). Most Likely to be a large Porbeagle or my Wife.

Can you imagine Corbyn being eaten by a Great White, he would probably even try to blame that on May as it ripped his head off.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've seen some enormous jellyfish in the sea between the end of the pier and the marina. I think they worry me more than the sharks!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sea temp rising year on year so not out of the question plus they are probably fed up with eating yanks and are sampling other delicacies our seas provide .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It'll be a basking shark.

Every fu*king year this story.

And every fu*king year it's a basking shark.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here