Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2017

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, its that time of year again where everyone suddenly seems to like tennis, particularly if any of our home players do well.

Sir Andy is about to start on Centre Court, question is whether his hip problems of the last few weeks will have any bearing on his performance.

Hopefully Johanna Konta can have a good run in the Ladies Singles as well.

Anyone else tuning in?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I'm currently watching Andy Murray warming up.

The usual Brit exodus has already started Laura Robson going out without a whimper.

Seagull Mags

Aug 18, 2016
Love a bit of Wimbledon and think that Andy Murray should get more respect, he is a top British athlete but sadly due to some silly comments made when he was younger and naïve a lot of English people dislike him immensely and want him to fall at the first hurdle!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Murray takes the first set 6-1, although does look to be having slight discomfort from his hip.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I like seeing who has bagged a freebie; Jackie Stewart enjoying the match, Kate loving it too.

YXoMZ_s-200x150.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Fed is a nailed on winner this year. Playing like he is ten years younger. Amazing.

Murray won't even make the semis.

Women? Really don't care.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm currently watching Andy Murray warming up.

The usual Brit exodus has already started Laura Robson going out without a whimper.

Robson really hasn't pushed on from the form she showed in 2013 and getting into the top 30. The 2 years she missed due to a wrist injury really look to have harmed her progress unfortunately.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
April-type weather disrupting the Murray match.

During the first break they were still playing on the outside courts.

Will the roof now close?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Djokovic seems to be under everybody's radar. All I hear is people bigging up Federer or Nadal. Write him off at your peril.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Some of us were watching tennis last week from Eastbourne. It was such a shame that Konta fell, as she was on target to win in her home town.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Fed is a nailed on winner this year. Playing like he is ten years younger. Amazing.

Roger Federer will be 36 in August but still an absolute master on grass and i believe 2/1 with the bookies,yet how hungry is Novak to regain the title ?

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I agree Murray deserves a lot of respect for what he has achieved. Great to now have a British man and woman in genuine contention. Not all that long ago any British player making it through to week two was the cause of national celebration. Actually winning the tournament seemed about as unlikely as a Brit winning the Tour de France

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

For once I do care about the women actually. Johanna Konta really impressed me at Eastbourne last week, winning her quarter and then semi final almost back to back. Such a shame she fell and had to pull out.

Rated six at Wimbledon, and I really think she stands quite a good chance.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If Murray makes the semi's, is he seeded to meet Fed or Nadal?

He's projected to meet Stan Wawrinka in the QF. That's a tough QF draw against another 3 time Major winner, Stan just needs Wimbledon to complete a career Grand Slam, although he's never made the semi finals at Wimbledon. Head to head it favours Murray with a 10-8 lead, its 3-3 when they've met in Grand Slams but Murray has the advantage on grass having won both the encounters.

Win that and its scheduled to be Nadal in the semi finals.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here