Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior

desodell

Zamoratheexplora
Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I had the pleasure of listening to Liam Rosenior this morning at my son's school speech day. He not only came over as a humble and charming individual but also gave an inspiring talk on the value of teamwork and how there is no replacement for focus and hard work to achieve your goals.
He warmly talked about Brighton and Hove Albion how genuinely delighted with its success but seemed most proud of how a team of Christians Muslims and Jewish had come together and formed the most effective unit to deliver success for the city.
I spoke to him briefly after and mentioned how disappointing it was that he had been injured for a lot of last season due to an awful tackle. His response was stoic and with a pragmatic focus on the future rather than reflecting on the past.
We are most lucky to have him speak for us today we are lucky to have him at Brighton Hove Albion and I sincerely hope he will remain for many years to come. He totally breaks the stereotype of a footballer and with Chris Houghton beside him I believe they can deliver so many positives on so many fronts not just football.
For the 500+ children of the school they remained silent throughout his talk, at the end the room erupted in warm applause. This was definitely one of the better and more memorable lessons.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Intelligent and thoughtful, much like his current manager. I wonder if he'll assist Hughton at some stage.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
He truly is an inspirational character as well as an an all round 'good guy' - I really hope he's got years of playing in front of him as well as God Knows What coach etc. He's a lovely man.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I had the pleasure of listening to Liam Rosenior this morning at my son's school speech day. He not only came over as a humble and charming individual but also gave an inspiring talk on the value of teamwork and how there is no replacement for focus and hard work to achieve your goals.
He warmly talked about Brighton and Hove Albion how genuinely delighted with its success but seemed most proud of how a team of Christians Muslims and Jewish had come together and formed the most effective unit to deliver success for the city.
I spoke to him briefly after and mentioned how disappointing it was that he had been injured for a lot of last season due to an awful tackle. His response was stoic and with a pragmatic focus on the future rather than reflecting on the past.
We are most lucky to have him speak for us today we are lucky to have him at Brighton Hove Albion and I sincerely hope he will remain for many years to come. He totally breaks the stereotype of a footballer and with Chris Houghton beside him I believe they can deliver so many positives on so many fronts not just football.
For the 500+ children of the school they remained silent throughout his talk, at the end the room erupted in warm applause. This was definitely one of the better and more memorable lessons.

I fully concur with you. He's a remarkable individual. I find him so engaging and impressive whenever I see him speak.

A better role model for children you'd be hard pressed to find. :thumbsup:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Intelligent and thoughtful, much like his current manager. I wonder if he'll assist Hughton at some stage.

He already does with the youngsters do some some coaching stuff in readiness for his next step into coaching but he is still very much a player within the squad. He just makes time to lend himself to youth the development squad

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think he has the potential to be a top flight manager one day, maybe even with us!

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I can't see this without welling up.......

IMG_0599.JPG

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
I agree with everything said about him,met him in hove park with his family a couple of weeks ago.I asked him if i could record a video of him for my son which he did with no hesitation (twice because i didn't record the first one).He thanked me for my support!!
A great and humble man.The young players are very lucky to have the role models like Liam,Chris ,Bruno at our wonderful club

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whenever I see the lineups and I see his name, I am ALWAYS reassured.

Top professional.

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove

I was there too as I'm involved with the school and had coffee with him beforehand. I fully concur, a more humble, grounded and genuine person you couldn't hope to meet. The speech he gave really was inspirational and something the teachers will be referencing in the coming academic year. He spoke so well although you could tell he was very much outside his comfort zone. He said how much he loves it down here. Really hope he stays with us for as long as possible. A great character to have around the club.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Calde mark II (less flair). What a wonder it would be to have them both on CH's backroom team for years to come!

For now though I think he may yet have an important part to play on the pitch. Good man!

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
He's got one season left on his contract. If he gets another one after that, he'll carry on playing. If not, he'll go straight into management / coaching. Whatever, he said his last club as a player will be Brighton.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] podcast interview with Liam is an absolute must-listen. Just so intelligent, articulate and eloquent.

Liam comes across very well as well.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
That [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] podcast interview with Liam is an absolute must-listen. Just so intelligent, articulate and eloquent.

Liam comes across very well as well.

He was just dreamy.

http://albionroar.co.uk/media/files/Roar19thNov2016.mp3

Calde mark II (less flair). What a wonder it would be to have them both on CH's backroom team for years to come!

For now though I think he may yet have an important part to play on the pitch. Good man!

Plus Bruno perhaps

A week before Liam was on, Brian Owen was our guest on the Roar. We told him he was coming, and asked him for some background and guidance. You don't need any, he said, he is a natural. His top three interviewees at the club were (and probably still are) first, Steve Sidwell, Liam second and Bruno.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's got one season left on his contract. If he gets another one after that, he'll carry on playing. If not, he'll go straight into management / coaching. Whatever, he said his last club as a player will be Brighton.

Despite fully concurring with the general concensus on here, on what a great guy Liam is, I thing it might be a pretty big IF, in terms of another contract in a year's time.

A competent Championship footballer, we know that much, but will he good enough for the Premier League? Hull City didn't seem to think so.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Despite fully concurring with the general concensus on here, on what a great guy Liam is, I thing it might be a pretty big IF, in terms of another contract in a year's time.

A competent Championship footballer, we know that much, but will he good enough for the Premier League? Hull City didn't seem to think so.

Really? 42 PL matches for Hull City over two seasons, 138 in total during his career.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here