Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jackson Irvine

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Good I thought he was mustard in that Amex thrashing. Never once wasted possession and reminded me of Lawrenson

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Assuming we get Delaney, then we would need to ship a few out..Ince for starters to accommodate this one..
Ince, Towell and Norwood won't be in the 25.

The decision to make is whether we have 5 or 6 central midfielders in the squad. Which may depend on if we can bring in Gomez as an U21 to free up a place.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Already a legend here for his goal at Huddersfield in March. No idea if he's good enough but he'll do for that alone

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Kayal, Stephens, Sidwell, Delaney, Irvine and Groß in the squad, Norwood & Ince out, Towell out on loan- sounds good to me. Expect us to be playing 4-5-1/4-4-1-1 as the go-to formation next season, we need six CMs if that is the case.

If we sign those two, a top striker and Suttner, we are looking in good shape.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Big and strong suits the Premier League. Not one I'd have thought of but the management know best. He looked good when I saw him play for Burton in League cup early doors last season.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bar Knockaert we really lacked goals from midfield last year. Irvine scored 10 for a relegation threatened team. Would give us an extra dynamic in midfield.

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
Ryan, Troisi, Irvine?

Seagulls are turning into Kangaroos.

Irvine is the best of the emerging younger Australian players. His record in a relegation threatened side speaks for itself. Before that he was player of the year for Ross County (another struggling team).

Wins everything in the air. Strong in the tackle and a good passer. Is becoming one of the first picked for the Socceroos. Will only get better over the next few years.

BeeGee

Feb 18, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Ryan, Troisi, Irvine?

Seagulls are turning into Kangaroos.

Irvine is the best of the emerging younger Australian players. His record in a relegation threatened side speaks for itself. Before that he was player of the year for Ross County (another struggling team).

Wins everything in the air. Strong in the tackle and a good passer. Is becoming one of the first picked for the Socceroos. Will only get better over the next few years.

What I have noticed watching him evolve this last year or so, playing for Australia, is his learning ability. He had scored a lot of goals arriving outside the box, many with his head, but against Chile for example he outclassed them with his vision in a deeper midfield without Mooy and Rogic. He terrorised the third-ranked Chile with his tackling and won mostly everything with his head. Would love to see him add to the mix for us !!!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think he'd be a good recruit to learn for a year, slowly getting more game time as Sidwell's rotating in goes the other way. That way we have the replacement already in the fold.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Would have 100% taken him if we were still in the Championship. He was superb for Burton last season. Not convinced he would cut it in the Prem though, maybe a good squad player option.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here