Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jermaine Defoe

Upon hearing his little mate Bradley was slipping away flew back to the North East getting there at 1 in the morning. They spent quite some time cuddling eachother.

Earlier Bradley asked for his cousin, best friend and girlfriend to come over for a bed party, his mother, Gemma, believes Bradley is saying his goodbyes.

ac9ahs.jpg

Jermaine Defoe has my eternal respect.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How heartbreaking is that :down:

It is also quite uplifting too.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I don't know what to say, so sad. Make the most of your loved ones. So much respect for Defoe. Bless that beautiful little boy.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Upon hearing his little mate Bradley was slipping away flew back to the North East getting there at 1 in the morning. They spent quite some time cuddling eachother.

Earlier Bradley asked for his cousin, best friend and girlfriend to come over for a bed party, his mother, Gemma, believes Bradley is saying his goodbyes.

View attachment 86758

Jebus that made me think how precious life is, tell your loved ones how much they mean to you as often as you can, respect to Defoe.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Beautifully expressed sentiments from Defoe

Defoe, who pledged to keep in touch with the family after his move to Bournemouth, has described his relation with the ill youngster as the "highlight of his season".

"Away from football the relationship I've managed to develop with Bradley and what I've brought to his life and what he's brought to mine has been really special," he said.

"It's just been sad to see him go through what he has been and he's only six. But I still feel blessed that I'm able to be in his life".

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes, its easy to lazily criticise all top players as undeserving overpaid idiots.

Defoe has gone way beyond what would have been expected and has done it because he wanted to.

It's a dreadfully sad story though - not one bit fair.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jermain is one opposition player I will happily applaud, when his name is read out at the Amex.
I hope Bradley's passing is peaceful and painless. Poor little lamb.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

View attachment 86758

Absolutely this - an appallingly tragic situation, but what Defoe has done to make things even a bit easier and happier for Bradley is to be applauded and fully respected.

Jermain is one opposition player I will happily applaud, when his name is read out at the Amex.
I hope Bradley's passing is peaceful and painless. Poor little lamb.
Bradley has been fitted, if that's the right phrase, with a morphine pump. His pain is being managed.

Breaks my heart that a little boy is going through this.

He fought it though, gave the ******* cancer a bloody nose too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bradley has been fitted, if that's the right phrase, with a morphine pump. His pain is being managed.

Breaks my heart that a little boy is going through this.

He fought it though, gave the ******* cancer a bloody nose too.

Yes, I've been following his story through Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Bradleysfight

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I always thought JD was a bit of a tw@, various page 3 girls, the media manager thing, the way he left West Ham, but, give him his due, he has been exceptional with this brave little boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here