Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adele Wembley Stadium

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just a heads up for anyone who was planning to attend the last 2 nights of her tour, her vocal chords have given up on her so she has pulled both of the shows. No news as yet of whether they will be rescheduled

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thought there must have been a problem with her voice, I bumped into her yesterday and she didn't even say hello..... :wink:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Thought there must have been a problem with her voice, I bumped into her yesterday and she didn't even say hello..... :wink:

That's nothing, she's gone completely loopy now, I caught her trying to set fire to the rain with damp matches........:shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
1+(1).jpg

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
To be honest - she may appear to be a 'tough old cookie', but I couldn't help thinking how vulnerable and tiny she looked on Wednesday night. She was completely on her own on stage for 2 hours trying to fill that vast arena with her presence.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Ah! From the thread title I thought it was a new FA sponsorship deal.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is that the same Adele who said she would never perform in arenas and stadiums? The Theresa May of dull MOR pop.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Was amusing seeing everyone run away from her set at Glastonbury last year, she really is a terrible singer.

I agree. I don't know any Adel songs and so looked a couple up on youtube as a cousin had just gone to see her. What a horrible screetchy voice she has, I am surprised she has been successful. I suppose lowest common denominator comes into the equation?

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Was amusing seeing everyone run away from her set at Glastonbury last year, she really is a terrible singer.

I wouldn't say she is terrible but I don't think she is as good as many seem to think, or even she thinks. She has a great ''Marketing/Publicity Team'' though.

They don't schlepp out album after album. They hold stuff back so that people don't get bored with her and they always ensure there is a massive Budget set aside for Publicity when there is an album due or a tour coming up and it pays dividends for her

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I agree. I don't know any Adel songs and so looked a couple up on youtube as a cousin had just gone to see her. What a horrible screetchy voice she has, I am surprised she has been successful. I suppose lowest common denominator comes into the equation?

It's because she screeches and shouts, that her vocal chords have been damaged. Surely with her fame and fortune, she would've had voice training to help?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And that Ed Sheeran's a one trick pony.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here