Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield signing EVERYONE...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Wow they are splashing the cash, not sure if this is a sign of intent or at the very least buying players with a sell on value which is I am thinking sensible.

Derby County's former England Under-21 winger Tom Ince is set to sign for Premier League newcomers Huddersfield Town, reports BBC Derby Sport.

The Rams have rejected a bid of about £7m for the 25-year-old.

But last season's Championship play-off winners are understood to be prepared to go closer to Derby's £10m valuation.

Ince joined the Rams for £4.75m in July 2015 after a loan spell, and has played in the top flight with Crystal Palace and Hull City.

Last edited:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
More than £7m? Vastly overrated player, not worth that price at all. Looks dangerous but end product is poor. Knocky and March are both better players IMHO.

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
Huddersfield need to make a serious level of investment in their squad, just to have it back to what they had last year, with - Mooy, Brown, Palmer and Ward all loanees (Kachunga too - who they signed for ~ £3m in Jan).

Brighton on the other hand have tied down Stephens, Bong & Sidwell to new deals, have replaced Stockdale with Ryan and made a shrewd acquisition in Gross.

I wouldn't be concerned with how much we're spending vs Huddersfield just yet.

On Ince - he's a good player but his attitude sucks. Not a fit for Brighton.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
He'll have a sell-on value, but doubt they'd ever recoup what they're paying for him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Welcome to him. He loves it when the going is good and they are on top in a game, but vanishes when the game goes against his team. He would be utterly GUBBINS in a relegation scrap, and let's be realistic, that's exactly the sort of player we must avoid.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
More than £7m? Vastly overrated player, not worth that price at all. Looks dangerous but end product is poor. Knocky and March are both better players IMHO.

Derby fans changed their minds on him (wasn't popular at first).

Also narrowly behind Knocky on stats last season. 'No end product' is a bizarre opinion considering his assists and goals this year.

Great player, I'd have him for around 8M.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Huddersfield have bought or are in for loads of middling or above average Championship players, and none of them convince me they'll stay up - including Mooy.

Give me our quiet approach where we end up snaffling excellent but unheard of or underrated players from overseas. All day long.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Also narrowly behind Knocky on stats last season. 'No end product' is a bizarre opinion considering his assists and goals this year.

Football doesn't lend itself to stats and if what you're saying is true, I'd say this proves the point. He is marmite amongst Derby fans - only seems to perform for some managers, and he is very mercurial.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Football doesn't lend itself to stats and if what you're saying is true, I'd say this proves the point. He is marmite amongst Derby fans - only seems to perform for some managers, and he is very mercurial.

To support your point, didn't he have an unreal purple patch during the brief McLaren revival last season (leading to the good stats the previous poster mentions), but not do much aside from that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

To be fair I haven't looked at his stats, I'm just going on the times I have seen him live on tv and against us. He flatters to deceive for me and isn't worth the fee being mentioned

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Quite nice seeing Derby being plundered for a change. Usually it's them hoovering up players.

Ince doesn't strike me as a Gary Rowett type of player, and by extension not really a Hughton type player either.

Concerning they seem to be focussed on signing defenders this year, they might be up there challenging again this year.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Looks like Huddersfield are assembling a team that will challenge for promotion to the premier league in 2018-2019 season

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not a massive fan of Ince wouldn't want him for the money. Has always flattered to deceive and his short stints in the PL have always been short before he is back in the championship. Great at that level but as of yet never made the step up. May change at Huddersfield but I'm not sure. Oliver Burke has been mentioned as a player they are looking h to get in on loan again by the BBC. He is a player I would rather be after.
Obviously limited game time so far at Redbull but he looks a real threat. Was very impressed by his pace and directness when he played at the AMEX early last season and could be coached into a real special player. With his pace and the pace and skills of March and AK and the directness of Murphy think we would be well set with wingers. Also OB Carries a real goal threat on the break.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Huddersfield have bought or are in for loads of middling or above average Championship players, and none of them convince me they'll stay up - including Mooy.

Give me our quiet approach where we end up snaffling excellent but unheard of or underrated players from overseas. All day long.

The same Huddersfield who's manager wonders on a tiny budget and got them up. Got a few kids in on loan and got the best out of them

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

He isn't marmite, the vast majority of Derby fans had a certain opinion when he signed, now the vast majority have a different one. That's changing opinion, not division of it.

I'm not going to be the flag bearer for Tom Ince as if I'm his greatest fan, I just think he is a quality player that would improve on the squad we have. I hope we are seeking better as most seem to believe we are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here