Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Abraham bribed by Swansea

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
If this £1million payment to familly , agents and friends goes ahead surely its an inducement of sorts? Its poor behaviour at the very worst.
It appears to be a dirty world in the Premier league.
Hopefully we have some deals on the table which wont be gazumped by others when they find out what we re up to .
Worrying a bit at the moment. But i am sure they know what they are doing !!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Player gets a 'signing on fee' for an alleged £1 million quid.

If Mino Raiola can make an alleged €20 million of the Pogba deal from United and Juventus and not be charged with a 'conflict of interest '. Then no one is going blink at a Chelsea stiff going on loan to Swansea.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not too stressed about this and the silver lining is that Swansea may not now be in for any other striker we want.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not sure i undertand, why would you need to bribe a family or agent for a player, when you can just pay them?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From what I've read it should read "Swansea bribed by Abraham"
Cheeky little snot (yes, I am only jealous) has connived to get a lottery win for himself and his family.
Gotta say fair play! At least he hasn't buggered off to China for a payday (yet).

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ransom or bribe - not sure which. Either way it's indicative of the current world of football that I am becoming more and more disenchanted with. All aboard the gravy train.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the rumours about this £1million payment to family, agents and friends are true, I'm rather glad we didn't sign him. I'm rather afraid though, as others have suggested, this is part of the world we are now inhabiting. It's take it or leave it - and leave it isn't much of a viable option.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We need to think of something better to bribe players like Abraham with.

I reckon a trip up to Devils Dyke, followed with a coffee in the pub (payed by us) would definitely up our chances.

PS After watching the U21's, Tammy Abraham looks like the new Carlton Cole. I really don't think he'll be up to it in the Prem.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Being an English player full of 'potential' we've probably dodged a bullet! Besides, he can't score from the spot...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good luck to them, £1 million is peanuts to an established premier league team. From his point of view he's going to a good club with a coach he knows. Wish we'd thought out of the box to get him to be honest.

Easy to say when it's not your million quid being thrown away.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
We need to think of something better to bribe players like Abraham with.

I reckon a trip up to Devils Dyke, followed with a coffee in the pub (payed by us) would definitely up our chances.

PS After watching the U21's, Tammy Abraham looks like the new Carlton Cole. I really don't think he'll be up to it in the Prem.

I thought the cake option was more popular?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here