Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TODAYS BIG CONVERSATION: War with Russia

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When do you think the West will go to war with, conventional or nuclear? Arguably we already are (cyber). It's not just the rhetoric, Russia is dangerously emboldened, expansionist (Crimea, Ukraine, Middle East) and clearly smells weakness amongst democracies (and let's face it, we are and that's before we look at other NATO members who are in an even worse state)

Could it happen in the next few years? Perhaps not as unamaginable as once seemed and arguably more likely than during the Cold War.

Expert commentary as always - what does NSC think?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It'll happen when the Rothschild family who own the western banking system and media and are desperate to get their hand on Russia's want it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I'm sure the EU (Merkel) would slap an enormous fine and trade embargo on Russia if they were naughty.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What a delightfully The Day Today/scaremongering thread title.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One of the greatest clips in televisual history. Please watch;

[yt]r3BO6GP9NMY[/yt]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It'll happen when the Rothschild family who own the western banking system and media and are desperate to get their hand on Russia's want it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the county of Rothschildshire (Buckinghamshire) will be pretty safe from any attack IMO.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

[yt]r3BO6GP9NMY[/yt]

I watched all of these again recently. Still absolutely TOP DRAWER TV.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Certainly imaginable. The proximate cause would most likely be invading one or more of the Baltic states as NATO rules are 'invade one and you invade us all'.

The build up would be a combination of economic problems coupled with skilful blaming of outside influences so as to deflect away from incompetent and corrupt internal governance (sound familiar?). Russia has both those ingredients.

The economy is based largely on resources; oil price is going nowhere and metal ore prices are low, with little sign of recovery. If West has another economic cold (very likely), resource prices will go further south.

And Putin has proved to be very skilful at a) blaming outsiders for problems; b) testing resolve and systems with forays into other territories and cyber crime.

The main reason holding him back would be the superior technology of US military. Stealth bombers, drones and (soon to be realised) helicopters firing lasers reduce the personnel risk, and are demonic weapons. The risk of course is that Putin fires first in a nuclear version of Pearl Harbour. That is the nightmare scenario for humanity and the sort of issue that leads you back to worrying about strikers for next season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Drunk by 3pm. Good work.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

[yt]r3BO6GP9NMY[/yt]

That is hilarious. Wonder which News presenter it was based on...?!! :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The world faces cold-war-era threat levels, Sir John Sawers, the former head of MI6, has said, due to the west vacating the stage in Syria and failing to recognise that the growth of Russian military power over the past 15 years required the development of a new strategic relationship with Moscow.

“We are moving into an era that is as dangerous, if not more dangerous, as the cold war because we do not have that focus on a strategic relationship between Moscow and Washington,” Sawers told the BBC on Wednesday.

He said the west needed to recognise that the balance of power had changed in the world because of an increase in Russian military power, and its willingness to use that power.

:eek:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I fear this is the most unstable period of time since 1963 Russia is flexing its strength and so far has done so with impunity.

Not helped by a European Union in disarray due to Brexit, the continuing Greek financial situation, the continued migrants from war torn regions and various internal elections.

Turkey's national conservative government and a major NATO player who rejected by the west is now seeing the middle east as where its future lies.

Several states who have or are working towards nuclear weapons North Korea, and Iran and create unstable regions.

Pakistan has nuclear weapons but are they secured the northan region of the country are beyond government control and only a year ago Taliban fighters attacked the country's main military base they were defeated but this base housed a nuclear weapons store.

Islamic State as an entity is about to be defeated but the ideology has not and this is likley to evolve into a far more dangerous fight in our own back yard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here