Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Florida - time for an updated thread for 2017

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Thought I'd bounce this seeing as I'm currently sat in the rain - almost a typically English Bank Holiday - with extreme winds to boot. A few points in no particular order.

- the fast pass system just takes the hassle out of queuing notwithstanding a wild goose chase to get the bloody things. Short bursts using them seems to work for us rather than getting there for park opening or whatever.
- The Americans like their rules. Every Disney official seems to be little a Floridian Keith Lard. The whistle at our hotel pool is a constant for the most minor of infractions.
- I could murder a curry.
- I never realised Hooters still existed.
- There are some serious Disney wierdos here. If there is a Yank Operation yewtree I'd make HQ at Magic Kingdom.

The kids love it. At least they won't want to go to legoland again.

A.lot of advice on here has come in handy. Cheers.

Sorry to hear about that I.P. Hope things get better.
In the meantime, you could pass the time by reading the comments from Portlock Seagull on the Climate Change thread and see how you are destroying the planet by taking frivolous journeys instead of barricading the bridges in London and super gluing yourself to the roads!
An advocate of Martial Law, is our Portlock. A very strange fellow........perhaps he could become an attraction in Disneyland or a pool official!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Sorry to hear about that I.P. Hope things get better.
In the meantime, you could pass the time by reading the comments from Portlock Seagull on the Climate Change thread and see how you are destroying the planet by taking frivolous journeys instead of barricading the bridges in London and super gluing yourself to the roads!
An advocate of Martial Law, is our Portlock. A very strange fellow........perhaps he could become an attraction in Disneyland or a pool official!

As the Cardiff 2nd goal went in, I walked past Mickey mouse. It was strangely appropriate and I thought I'd give this place a wide bearth to try to avoid depression about it all.

I can't say I'm doing my bit for the environment here. There isnt even anywhere to recycle your bottles. That said, the lager is all light beer so my consumption has dropped off. I'm happy in the rain as it gave me an opportunity to catch the all weather at Lingfield. The wife and kids are less impressed and I've already had the 'We didn't come all this way to watch horse racing' argument.

Jul 7, 2003
So, there are a few curry houses in the Orlando hour if you are really in need of one.

As for the beer, you shouldn't have to go too far to pick up some decent beer. There are loads of great local breweries out there and often sold in the likes of Publix supermarket.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So, there are a few curry houses in the Orlando hour if you are really in need of one.

As for the beer, you shouldn't have to go too far to pick up some decent beer. There are loads of great local breweries out there and often sold in the likes of Publix supermarket.

Thanks. It's more the restaurants. Bud light and the like which - as the song goes - are so shit it's unbelievable. The Outback restaurant offered me a fosters as a 'speciality' beer ffs. At the Publix I bought some Corona which when I got back was some sort of midgit bottle. At the larger one, I finally found a decent brew.

Went to Epcot this afternoon. Reminded me of a school trip. A futuristic theme park 30 years out of date. Soaring was pretty good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here