Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else quite enjoying the break from football?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
After a couple of very intense seasons and last season having the play offs and then the Euros I find myself unusually really not missing the football yet. Normally by now I'd be pining for it but not yet. I got excited when the fixtures came out a couple of weeks ago but otherwise I'm not too bothered for now and I'm enjoying doing other things at the weekend for the first time in ages. I think I needed the break!

I'm sure I will be raring to go by early August though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes and no. Ruddy nervous about the Prem already so kinda want to get on with it, but at the same time I know it is good for my blood pressure and my marriage to have free weekends during the summer.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I'm enjoying it while trying to savour the anticipation of what we battled so long to achieve. What I'm not enjoying are the throughly lame attempts to extend last season via Under 20/21 tournaments and the Confederate Cup crap currently being made a fuss of in the media.*

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Not me old chap, I'd go as far as to say that it's doing my ruddy nut in.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes.

As a kid I was always gutted after the FAC and European Cup finals were over. In addition, absolutely no football was played until a week after the Charity Shield which was held on the second Saturday of August. Leaving a true three month entire break.

These days football is obsessed about by say one third of society and all the media, twelve months of the year.

So I don't mind the break in football matches.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
It's really nice to make plans for a weekend several weeks in advance and not have to google 'Brighton football fixtures' first.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ha, this week I've had a coaching session and a match with my u12s cricket team and a meeting about next rugby season.

Next week, I have two cricket sessions again and am going to a school to run a rugby taster.

I'll be glad when the football season starts and I only have one sport to worry about

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
After a couple of very intense seasons and last season having the play offs and then the Euros I find myself unusually really not missing the football yet. Normally by now I'd be pining for it but not yet. I got excited when the fixtures came out a couple of weeks ago but otherwise I'm not too bothered for now and I'm enjoying doing other things at the weekend for the first time in ages. I think I needed the break!

I'm sure I will be raring to go by early August though.

Excellent thread, and your views chime with mine. There's so much more to life than football, and I'm really enjoying its absence and that really I had switched off by mid-April after far too much investment. I'll probably even avoid pre-season (although I could be persuaded to go to Crawley), but I've got plenty of other things to focus my attention on, the Tour starts soon I gather for instance. I'm not pining for football yet, but will be suitably re-charged come Guardiola et al's visit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Great racing in MotoGP,and interesting times in F1,so plenty of sporting interest at the moment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here