Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The transport police officer from the London Bridge attacks - PC Wayne Marques.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am sorry, but this man is a true hero. To throw yourself at three machete wielding maniacs with just a baton!

If the awards system has any balls whatsoever this man should be given the highest one available.

Our world needs more PC Marks

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If the awards system has any balls whatsoever this man should be given the highest one available.

Agree completely that he deserves the highest award but I reckon if there's one thing the British honours system does well is that it rewards people for bravery very fairly and without political bias or interference. Take a look at the winners of the VC and GC over the years and you'll see that.

BTW - his surname is Marques, is it not?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I absolutely agree - he deserves every bit of reward and recognition possible.

What are you sorry about though?

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Just incredible - very moving listening to this on the radio yesterday.
I just hope he gets all the support he needs in the coming weeks, months and possibly years .
An incredible human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The transport police officer from the London Bridge attacks pc Wayne marks
Bloody hell. First he fights off 3 terrorists, and then the local police officer attacks him.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Couldn't agree more,and yesterday the tories and DUP cheered and roared when an amendment to the public sector pay freeze was voted down.
What a shameful bunch of shysters,literally laughing in the face of PC Wayne Marks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Couldn't agree more,and yesterday the tories and DUP cheered and roared when an amendment to the public sector pay freeze was voted down.
What a shameful bunch of shysters,literally laughing in the face of PC Wayne Marks.

Oh for f*ck's sake. Any chance of you just pissing off with your political point-scoring for just one day?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't think much of your manners young Lady,very rude indeed.
Don't forget to PM a mod to get me banned .
X

Don't ruin my thread you troll.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I am sorry, but this man is a true hero. To throw yourself at three machete wielding maniacs with just a baton!

Our world needs more PC Marks

The BTP is a small force that goes quietly about it's business, covering issues of anything transport etc
Whereas the Met Police for instance are always in the limelight, as the bigger force.
The guy deserves all the support and plaudits coming.:clap2:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
The BTP is a small force that goes quietly about it's business, covering issues of anything transport etc
Whereas the Met Police for instance are always in the limelight, as the bigger force.
The guy deserves all the support and plaudits coming.:clap2:

Work fairly closely with the BTP on a daily basis,really are unsung heroes,often dealing with the stuff on the railway that the public don't see,this guy deserves the highest accolade.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Work fairly closely with the BTP on a daily basis,really are unsung heroes,often dealing with the stuff on the railway that the public don't see,this guy deserves the highest accolade.

I'm a tad biased, as father was BTP.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
To paraphrase, "My leg felt all wobbly, I looked down and there was a knife sticking in it"

GM at least, more like the GC, please Brenda.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree completely that he deserves the highest award but I reckon if there's one thing the British honours system does well is that it rewards people for bravery very fairly and without political bias or interference. Take a look at the winners of the VC and GC over the years and you'll see that.

BTW - his surname is Marques, is it not?

It is. PC Wayne Marques.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It is. PC Wayne Marques.

Thanks. Have a word with you mod chums to change the thread title please. I just heard his name on the interview and assumed it was that spelling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here