Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Any interest in fantasy football?

Would you participate in an NSC Fantasy Football private league as described?

• Yes - I'd be up for that

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • No - sod off

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been approached by The Telegraph concerning their Fantasy Football and the creation of an NSC private league. The proposal is:

- £10 entry into The North Stand Chat private league
- A 50:50 split between the prize funds and your forum (meaning if you get 100 people so sign up your forum earns £500 etc.)
- Split of the prize pool (1st 50%, 2nd 20%, Best Starting XI 15%, Golden Boot (most goals) 15%.

What I would further do, is split NSC's "cut" such that half of NSC's cut would be paid to the REMF.

I've never been much of a fantasy football player myself, but with the Albion in the Premier League, I'd give it a go myself.

Would you be interested?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Depends whether it's the proper original style FF where there is only one of each player or the shit modern one where you have a league where 9 of you have Aguero, 11 of you have Kane, etc etc.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Haven't done it for years but would be interested next season because we are PL. That said, I reserve the right to say it's shit and I don't care about it if I'm miles down the league and im below Hove born and bred.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Been doing The Telegraph FFL for a few years with another group and it's brilliant fun and gives participants an interest in most PL games. It's also bloody hard!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Been doing The Telegraph FFL for a few years with another group and it's brilliant fun and gives participants an interest in most PL games. It's also bloody hard!!
It's quite labour intensive if you want to do well for sure. Which is why I haven't done it for a while. Too busy/lazy. 👍

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Is it the one where you can change your players every week etc or where you pick your team and hope for the best. Can't be arsed changing players every time they are injured or suspended for a game, or rested for squad rotation. Don't mind making changes every couple of months or so.

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
I did the Telegraph league with another group last year and it was great fun, you get 40 transfers to use throughout the season and really gets you interested in non BHAFC games, so its a yes!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Surely we could just organise our own league with which ever fantasy football format people like most.....rahter than tying ourselves to the Telegraph one..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Surely we could just organise our own league with which ever fantasy football format people like most.....rahter than tying ourselves to the Telegraph one..

TBF there is nothing to stop more than one league with more than one format, a few year's ago I can remember there were at least three different NSC leagues in various formats, just needs somebody to set it up and get it running.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Draft Fantasy on the Albion.

The first of our promoted teams and the first of the teams who will be playing in the Premier League for the first time this season. Brighton & Hove Albion have been flirting with promotion for the last few seasons but last year it was confirmed. Many Draft Fantasy managers won’t know too much about the squad but that’s what these pieces are for!

More》》》》https://draftfantasyfootball.co.uk/content/2017/07/11/brighton-and-hove-albion-fpl-draft/

D

Deleted member 2719

Way to time consuming for me, if you want to have a proper go.

I am sure the high posters/day crew will find extra time to do it, at the expense of NSC posts, well we can only hope.
:whistle::fishing:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's quite labour intensive if you want to do well for sure. Which is why I haven't done it for a while. Too busy/lazy. ��

Is it the one where you can change your players every week etc or where you pick your team and hope for the best. Can't be arsed changing players every time they are injured or suspended for a game, or rested for squad rotation. Don't mind making changes every couple of months or so.

This is me /\/\/\ , without fail.

Chose a team, start well, then come crashing down the league, because I'm so lazy, I end up fielding three players with broken legs and two more who were transferred to Turkey in the January window.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not played Fantasy League for around 20 years but did enjoy Fan Duel as it is a one off team and I don't have to worry about updating it every week.

What I did enjoy 10-15 years ago was an online score prediction style game for money. You had around 8 games to predict the score of and got 1 point for a correct result and 3 points for a correct score. You also got a bonus point for being the home team and every 3 points was 1 goal. It was then played as a season with a league and cup so you played one other player that week as a proper game. So if the home player got 2 correct scores and 2 correct results, he got 9 points which is 3 goals. If the away player also got 2 scores and 2 results, he got 8 points and so lost 3-2. Sounds more complicated than it is but very good fun. Did always mean to start a league on here but never got round to it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here