Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most mental you have seen a crowd go at a gig? (VIDS)

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
After watching plenty of glastonbury with the crowd getting well into it. Got me thinking whats the most livley crowd you have seen at a gig? Up there for me would be the first song on Oasis at the etihad in 2005 where they have to stop before they have even started due to a barrier being broken by the crowd.

https://youtu.be/UWH3vFQhC1o

Also u2 at slane castle playing out of control
https://youtu.be/D0Ccp3xjc3Q
Particularly From 4:50 onwards

Whats yours?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Prodigy at bestival few years back

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Madness at the Brighton Centre 1982 supported by banarama totally bonkers everyone doing the skinhead moonstomp, I was covered in bruises for days

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Arctic Monkeys at Old Trafford cricket ground....Massive punch up in the crowd.. most entertaining!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Eminem 2007 MK Bowl, absolutely mad.

Another episode (No videos), was when I went to see Simple Minds in 1986 at the MK Bowl.
Doctor and the Medics came on, and oh boy did they get pelted with anything and everything (rotten food and piss), very amusing to say the least.

Madness at the Brighton Centre 1982 supported by banarama totally bonkers everyone doing the skinhead moonstomp, I was covered in bruises for days

Madness at Brighton Centre just before Christmas early noughties. Crowd were in party mood to begin with, lots of fancy dress in evidence. Lights went down, Suggs' voice boomed out the long spoken intro to "One Step Beyond" and on finishing the intro. thunderflashes flashed, the band launched into the song and from the balcony we saw the Centre explode into good natured nuttiness, and it stayed that way for the next 80' or so.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Mrs persuaded me to go and AC/DC at Wembley , Black Ice tour in 2009 and have to say was blown away by the crowd that day. Especially the opening video and then starting with Rockn Roll train. Superb.
Seen them 3 times now and they never fail to disappoint and get the crowd going.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Daphne and Celeste at the Reading Festival.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
In many ways the opposite. Hippodrome, Brighton, Little Richard top of a bill that included Sam Cooke.

Little Richard standing on top of the piano suddenly fell and was motionless flat out on the stage. Complete deathly silence. Somebody rushed on from back stage and pleaded for any doctor present to come forward.

Still silence then Little Richard leapt up and continued the show. Big collective sigh of relief followed by clapping and cheering.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Another episode (No videos), was when I went to see Simple Minds in 1986 at the MK Bowl.
Doctor and the Medics came on, and oh boy did they get pelted with anything and everything (rotten food and piss), very amusing to say the least.

Small world I was at that gig with the now Mrs Hut and yes Dr and the Medics got absolutely slaughtered but fair play the lead singer did say, shall we try another song

It was the night of the Hand of God incident as well

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I find it hard to picture any of these stadium gigs as being 'mental'.

Birdland - 11/07/89 Zap Club, Brighton, England

In checking the date, I found this:-

Review: "White white white, the speed of light. ... From the moment I looked around me, trying to commit this atmosphere to memory, thinking, Jesus, this is the one. The greatness. The blinding holocaust Birdland were born to deliver. It's that unreasonable, that emphatic and irresponsible and narcissistic and electric and thrilling. Birdland are taking the twin fantasies of rock music - the death wish and the lust for life - to new extremes. ... Oh yes, tonight they annihilated doubt. Slaughtered it. Massacred it. One of the most breathless, exhilarating and frightening white noises I've ever heard. Birdland, waving the magic, blonde. Catch them while they're as high as stars. Gospel. [Chris Roberts, Melody Maker, 22 July 1989]

As I was there nearly 30 years ago and can recall it like it was yesterday, I think I can safely say this was a mental gig.

With honourable mentions for Motorhead and bizarrely enough The Cropdusters, nothing stands out like that night. Mentals.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Small world I was at that gig with the now Mrs Hut and yes Dr and the Medics got absolutely slaughtered but fair play the lead singer did say, all we try another song

It was the night of the Hand of God incident as well

Was a great summer's evening, especially as I didn't get back home until 2am, work next day.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
The prodigy at Tribal Gathering in 1995, some lunatic jumped on the stage and knocked all the decks over, this caused a minor riot and the band had to come off the stage while everything was reassembled. When they returned to finish the gig the place went mental!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here