Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you LIKE being busy?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Random one for the good folk of NSC here. Yesterday I finished my job before a long, long summer holiday, what I have noticed however is that fill up my free time with loads of stuff whether that be gym, extra work, sorting stuff out for the flat, meeting friends, day trips whatever but I am finding it increasingly difficult to chill and do nothing! I got offered extra work today and snapped it up rather than enjoying my first day of holidays.

I either find myself feeling guilty if I try to sit down and watch a film (like I am wasting my life) or my mind starts to wander into worry. I do genuinely like being busy and have little tasks and hobbies to complete but also wonder if I am keeping busy to stop the mind wandering.

Anyone else experience this?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I like wasting time, but I like doing trivial things to waste it. I can't just sit and daydream.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Random one for the good folk of NSC here. Yesterday I finished my job before a long, long summer holiday, what I have noticed however is that fill up my free time with loads of stuff whether that be gym, extra work, sorting stuff out for the flat, meeting friends, day trips whatever but I am finding it increasingly difficult to chill and do nothing! I got offered extra work today and snapped it up rather than enjoying my first day of holidays.

I either find myself feeling guilty if I try to sit down and watch a film (like I am wasting my life) or my mind starts to wander into worry. I do genuinely like being busy and have little tasks and hobbies to complete but also wonder if I am keeping busy to stop the mind wandering.

You lucky sod, I'm looking forward to retirement.
You could take up an allotment, if green fingered, join National Trust as a volunteer or some sort of charity work.
The world's your.....:thumbsup:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
You lucky sod, I'm looking forward to retirement.
You could take up an allotment, if green fingered, join National Trust as a volunteer or some sort of charity work.
The world's your.....:thumbsup:

Don't know about round your way but there's waiting lists for allotments in Sussex.

My other half and I applied for one in Eastbourne 2008 and there were more than 200 waiting.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don't know about round your way but there's waiting lists for allotments in Sussex.

My other half and I applied for one in Eastbourne 2008 and there were more than 200 waiting.

Up here (Hillingdon), there are waiting lists for allotments.
But, as with my allotment site, there are unused plots with grass hip height.
Some have people still paying for them and others vacant.
The council's answer is to send a non cultivation order, if no response after a month, another form goes out giving them a months notice to vacate. It's just mad.
If I were you, keep on the local allotment department toes, to let them know you're interested in a plot, it's the only way.
My mate did this when he used to live in Hangleton, kept on at the council, and eventually got one.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Nope I'm a lazy Southern Rail train driver on 60k pa why work when you can strike! #bitter :laugh:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes. I'm totally the same. I really like my work and working, and always fill my non work time with one of my numerous hobbies. Also, and I only came to realize and understand this a few years back, but I always need a bigger over-arching project to provide a bit of purpose and direction to my life. I have a lot of excess energy :smile:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Christ some of you want to try plumbing, you'll soon want to give that up!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I try and keep busy for just that reason. Unfortunately I find it difficult to find enough things to keep me busy all the time, so inevitably end up worrying about everything.

So my suggestion is: stay busy!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm always busy answering questions like this.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Up here (Hillingdon), there are waiting lists for allotments.
But, as with my allotment site, there are unused plots with grass hip height.
Some have people still paying for them and others vacant.
The council's answer is to send a non cultivation order, if no response after a month, another form goes out giving them a months notice to vacate. It's just mad.
If I were you, keep on the local allotment department toes, to let them know you're interested in a plot, it's the only way.
My mate did this when he used to live in Hangleton, kept on at the council, and eventually got one.

That was then unfortunately when I was loved up - didn't last much longer. Don't really have the inclination now - that reminds me I must get out in the garden and chop the grass and weeds back - not done since October last year.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That was then unfortunately when I was loved up - didn't last much longer. Don't really have the inclination now - that reminds me I must get out in the garden and chop the grass and weeds back - not done since October last year.

That's a shame as it's great fun.
We reap all our hard work in trying to win competition :thumbsup:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
That's a shame as it's great fun.
We reap all our hard work in trying to win competition :thumbsup:

I was planning retirement and settling down. Got the cat etc. The allotment would have been the icing on the cake as we'd already cultivated her overgrown back garden and wanted to get extra growing area as we're both into fresh veg etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here