Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Do you LIKE being busy?

0 Not allowed!
    Random one for the good folk of NSC here. Yesterday I finished my job before a long, long summer holiday, what I have noticed however is that fill up my free time with loads of stuff whether that be gym, extra work, sorting stuff out for the flat, meeting friends, day trips whatever but I am finding it increasingly difficult to chill and do nothing! I got offered extra work today and snapped it up rather than enjoying my first day of holidays.

I either find myself feeling guilty if I try to sit down and watch a film (like I am wasting my life) or my mind starts to wander into worry. I do genuinely like being busy and have little tasks and hobbies to complete but also wonder if I am keeping busy to stop the mind wandering.

Anyone else experience this?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Nope, I'm a lazy sod.

0 Not allowed!
      Sorry �� can I tell you later, I'm busy.
      "The first 90 minutes of the match are the most important"

0 Not allowed!
      I like wasting time, but I like doing trivial things to waste it. I can't just sit and daydream.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
      Random one for the good folk of NSC here. Yesterday I finished my job before a long, long summer holiday, what I have noticed however is that fill up my free time with loads of stuff whether that be gym, extra work, sorting stuff out for the flat, meeting friends, day trips whatever but I am finding it increasingly difficult to chill and do nothing! I got offered extra work today and snapped it up rather than enjoying my first day of holidays.

I either find myself feeling guilty if I try to sit down and watch a film (like I am wasting my life) or my mind starts to wander into worry. I do genuinely like being busy and have little tasks and hobbies to complete but also wonder if I am keeping busy to stop the mind wandering.

Anyone else experience this?
      You lucky sod, I'm looking forward to retirement.
      You could take up an allotment, if green fingered, join National Trust as a volunteer or some sort of charity work.
      The world's your.....
      https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      You lucky sod, I'm looking forward to retirement.
      You could take up an allotment, if green fingered, join National Trust as a volunteer or some sort of charity work.
      The world's your.....
      Don't know about round your way but there's waiting lists for allotments in Sussex.

My other half and I applied for one in Eastbourne 2008 and there were more than 200 waiting.
      Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
      Gator Goose Collison? Is that some American cousin of mine I don't know about?
      You can't change fighters Muhammed (im hard) Bruce Lee's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Chuff chuff
      Busy busy
      Work work
      Bang bang
      Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c'unt... me.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
      Don't know about round your way but there's waiting lists for allotments in Sussex.

My other half and I applied for one in Eastbourne 2008 and there were more than 200 waiting.
      Up here (Hillingdon), there are waiting lists for allotments.
      But, as with my allotment site, there are unused plots with grass hip height.
      Some have people still paying for them and others vacant.
      The council's answer is to send a non cultivation order, if no response after a month, another form goes out giving them a months notice to vacate. It's just mad.
      If I were you, keep on the local allotment department toes, to let them know you're interested in a plot, it's the only way.
      My mate did this when he used to live in Hangleton, kept on at the council, and eventually got one.
      https://youtu.be/oCyXsHC-lQ4

@Brighton Lines "The MASSIVE shield: Amex Ruislip who thinks Sheffield Wednesday are 13th in the Premier League"

0 Not allowed!
      I'm out of work at the moment and I'm bored out of my mind. It's not even been two weeks...

0 Not allowed!
      Nope I'm a lazy Southern Rail train driver on 60k pa why work when you can strike! #bitter
      Weather forecast for tonight: dark.