Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news for Leeds

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Does that qualify them as one of the best run clubs in the.........:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:

Hardly. I'm surprised at a Brighton fan mocking a club for losing their ground and then being able to get back 13 years later.

Oh, well.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Hardly. I'm surprised at a Brighton fan mocking a club for losing their ground and then being able to get back 13 years later.

Oh, well.

Hi [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION], I was mocking them, because they're Leeds, not the ground situation.
I DO understand that it may have looked like that :thumbsup:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I honestly don't give a monkeys about them

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Despite their delusions of grandeur, or maybe it should just be their longing for a bygone era, I have had a soft spot for Leeds since they bailed us out over our V.A.T. bill and bought Mark Beeney, which allowed us to carry on in existance, as the inland revenue were looking to wind us up at the time.

For those that aren't aware they bought Beeney, outside of the transfer window, knowing they wouldn't be able to play him. Yes they got a bloody good goal keeper, possibly for less than he was worth, but hey, they still did it, and we still exist.

Good luck to Leeds, glad they've got Elland Road back.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The Seagulls’ soaraway success story is a pretty remarkable one. But rewind the clock to April 1993 and the south-coast club weren’t exactly in flight. More in freefall. Albion were teetering on the financial brink and it was only Beeney’s £350,000 move to Leeds, under then boss Wilkinson, that April which averted the threat of closure. Half-time guest in United’s first clash at the Amex Stadium – which cost a cool £105m – last Friday, Beeney was afforded warm cheers from the Sussex public, forever grateful for his role in Albion’s history. He said: “I remember moving to Leeds. I didn’t find out that anything was happening until the Friday night. We were at Plymouth and I was basically told: ‘A car is picking you up after tomorrow’s game, you are going up to Leeds – we’ve got to let you go’. It was as simple as that. “I subsequently found out that if I didn’t go, Brighton would go under. “We knew there were massive problems because on the playing and staff side we weren’t getting paid regularly. At the time, it was a case of them saying to me: ‘You’ve got to go or everyone will be out of a job and the club will shut’.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....hites-playing-days-beeney-interview-1-3829976

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Let's be humble and wish them well and if we survive our first season and then second and third we can start to be a little bit cocky
Remember were we have come from. Thank you Dick and now Tony and all the fans that fought to save our club.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here