Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What? No Costa, Starbucks and Caffe Nero thread?

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Ice from three of the UK's biggest coffee chains has been found to contain bacteria from faeces, according to a BBC investigation. :shit::shit:

Samples of iced drinks from Costa Coffee, Starbucks and Caffe Nero contained varying levels of the bacteria, the BBC's Watchdog found. Expert Tony Lewis said the levels found were "concerning".

"These should not be present at any level - never mind the significant numbers found," he added. Cleanliness of tables, trays, and high chairs at the chains was also tested at 30 branches. Seven out of 10 samples of Costa ice were found to be contaminated with bacteria found in faeces. At both Starbucks and Caffe Nero, three out of 10 samples tested contained the bacteria known as faecal coliforms.

Mr Lewis, of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, said these kinds of bacteria were "opportunistic pathogens - the source of human disease." All three chains affected said they had now taken action. Costa said it had updated its ice-handling guidelines and was in the process of introducing new ice equipment storage.
Starbucks said it was now conducting its own investigation into the claims. A spokesman said the chain took hygiene "extremely seriously". Similarly, a Caffe Nero spokesman said "a thorough investigation" was underway, and that the chain would take "appropriate action".

The Watchdog programme will air on BBC One on Wednesday at 8pm. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40426228

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
odd that its affecting all three, and specifically ice.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A little high I feel, maybe 30%? And is anyone really surprised?

Yeah you are probably nearer overall BUT if you take into account those who use the gents after a match (especially away) I would say its at least 70%.

I feel its time hand washing facilities were put outside men's toilets so the hand washers can wash their hands after they have used the door handle to exit the toilet.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yeah you are probably nearer overall BUT if you take into account those who use the gents after a match (especially away) I would say its at least 70%.

I feel its time hand washing facilities were put outside men's toilets so the hand washers can wash their hands after they have used the door handle to exit the toilet.

Or even when one has flushed, it would activate a voice message alerting the dirty ******* to wash their hands.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have said many times that my granddaughter who had leukeamia was told not to have any ready made ice only ice obtained from freezing tap water at home. As regards the 3 coffee chains IMHO they overpriced rubbish using inferior coffe which is not as good as many small coffee shops use, and in most cases charge less.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
capp.jpg

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Thankfully I've never felt the need to darken the doors of any of those establishments. Overpriced chain bollocks. #twattish smug face

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Is there a surprise, 70% of men who leave toilets do so without washing their hands

At the Amex - well, the central toilet in the north stand, where I mostly do my willy splurts - I would up that amount to 93%. There's a never a queue for me to wash or dry my hands, as the myriad of poo-fleckers waddle past.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Would it cost too much to put the hand sterilizers used in hospitals on entry to a ward in toilets as opposed to wash basins to get a squirt as you leave.

If you never get another bloke's bum chocolate on your hands you never build up immunity, in the same way that kids don't play in the dirt like they used to, so are arguably more prone to picking up infections and developing intolerances. If you stopped and thought about it too much you'd never touch anything - there are more than likely traces of shit on just about every handle you touch, not just toilet door handles, toilet flush handles and tap heads.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you never get another bloke's bum chocolate on your hands you never build up immunity, in the same way that kids don't play in the dirt like they used to, so are arguably more prone to picking up infections and developing intolerances. If you stopped and thought about it too much you'd never touch anything - there are more than likely traces of shit on just about every handle you touch, not just toilet door handles, toilet flush handles and tap heads.

So do hand sterilizers in hospitals, which is the last thing you touch before entry to a ward not work, and would they not work in toilets?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here