Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a concert line up from 1970

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any NSCers go? Mind boggling number of quality bands.

11686530345_3a736f02c3_b.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, plus un-announced appearances from Donovan and Pink Floyd (world premier of Atom Heart Mother, with full orchestra, full choir, at dawn! Buggers woke me up!) Don't remember Zappa though - will have to check my programme (yes, I've still got it, somewhere).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, plus un-announced appearances from Donovan and Pink Floyd (world premier of Atom Heart Mother, with full orchestra, full choir, at dawn! Buggers woke me up!) Don't remember Zappa though - will have to check my programme (yes, I've still got it, somewhere).

You lucky lucky bugger, Atom Heart Mother at dawn must have amazing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You lucky lucky bugger, Atom Heart Mother at dawn must have amazing.

No, I really was pissed off. I slept through most of, it just woke me up near the end just in time for me to think WTF was that, and then I couldn't get back to sleep again. And there wasn't much luxury back then at festivals - me and the then gf were sharing a (single) sleeping bag under a sheet of polythene to keep off the rain and it was no joke being woken up a few hours ahead of schedule!
It was a good festival though!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
What I'd give to have been there....unfortunately I was only 6 years old at the time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand that Tim was there and had a VIP back stage pass to hang out with the bands. Money can't buy the ticket he had.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
My cousin use to swear that he saw Hendrix, The Who and Pink Floyd on the same bill in Brighton!

Graham2

Oct 25, 2003
I was there aged 16 - coaches ran from Brighton. It was fantastic albeit a bit rough and ready. The site was only about 5 miles from current Glastonbury and the festival inspired Michael Eavis. I was very near the front for Led Zep who played the Saturday night and was blown away. Steppenwolf, Johnny Winter, its a beautiful day and Flock were fantastic too. Slept through Pink Floyd and Canned Heat too. Donovan played endlessly on Sunday morning because of technical problems. couldn't,t hear Zappa who I loved because of wind blowing the sound sideways!! Sunday became rainy and The Byrds had to play acoustic. I think the Moody Blues cancelled.
I've just got back from my first Glastonbury and thought it was absolutely fantastic. Helps when there is no rain but festivals really are so different now. Only one stage in 1970. I wonder if that was good or bad - can't decide

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I was there and I don't remember Zappa either (Were the Moody Blues really there too?)

Graham2

Oct 25, 2003
Yes Zappa and the Mothers definitely there Sunday afternoon. It was around the time of 200 Motels/live at the Fillmore with Flo and Eddy. It got very wet on Sunday and the late running and electrical danger stopped Moody Blues from playing. What a memory I have!!!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The Band
Battered Ornaments
Blodwyn Pig
Blonde on Blonde
Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
Edgar Broughton Band
Joe Cocker
Aynsley Dunbar
Bob Dylan
Eclection
Fat Mattress
Family
Gary Farr
Julie Felix
Free
Gypsy
Richie Havens
Heaven
Marsha Hunt & White Trash
Indo Jazz Fusions
King Crimson (billed, but did not appear)
The Liverpool Scene
Marsupilami
Mighty Baby
The Moody Blues
The Nice
Tom Paxton
Pentangle
The Pretty Things
Third Ear Band
The Who
IOW69.jpg I'll see your Bath and raise you The Isle of Wight 1969, the 2nd Music Festival in the World the first was the year before on the Isle of Wight.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
In 2000 Reading Festival had; Blink 182, Rage Against The Machine, Slipknot, Placebo, Stereophonics, Queens Of The Stoneage, Deftones, Super Furry Animals, Beck, Pulp, Muse, Foo Fighters, Primal Scream & Oasis. £80 if you booked in advance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here