Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

Hesitancy at Roundabouts

1 Not allowed!
    Increasingly these days I find myself approaching roundabouts to find nobody moving because everyone is trying to give way, waiting for the car to their right to go. Happens so often but I can't remember this happening in the past. (Unless I've got too old to remember)
    Old Truelove ain't too hard to find

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

19 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mune ni kamome View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Increasingly these days I find myself approaching roundabouts to find nobody moving because everyone is trying to give way, waiting for the car to their right to go. Happens so often but I can't remember this happening in the past. (Unless I've got too old to remember)
      A knock on effect from the reduction in people signaling. With use of indictors now going out of fashion, then drivers have to be doubly sure before guessing another driver's intention, hence more caution at roundabouts.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto
      Chocolate Monk

11 Not allowed!
      The only reason I'm more hesitant at roundabouts nowadays is that no-one bloody indicates anymore.
      My uncle was born in America.
      But he was one of the lucky ones. He managed to escape in a balloon during the Jimmy Carter presidency.

1 Not allowed!
      Do you mean mini roundabouts? As this does seem to happen if a mini roundabout has 4 exits.

0 Not allowed!
      Unexpectedly not entering a roundabout (when it is empty) seems to be a common cause of accidents. Of course it is the responsibility of the driver who does the rear-ending, but this dithering is bloody infuriating.

10 Not allowed!
      I guarantee the drivers that are hesitant at roundabouts are the same people who struggle with self service checkouts in supermarkets and/or are painfully slow going through airport security. Nimrods.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

20 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Butch Willykins View Post
      I guarantee the drivers that are hesitant at roundabouts are the same people who struggle with self service checkouts in supermarkets and/or are painfully slow going through airport security. Nimrods.
      Who doesn't struggle with self service checkouts...?

"Please put your item in the bagging area..."

"It is in f****** bagging area you utter, utter **** !!!!'....

ol:
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      A knock on effect from the reduction in people signaling. With use of indictors now going out of fashion, then drivers have to be doubly sure before guessing another driver's intention, hence more caution at roundabouts.
      Spot on.
      There is a roundabout on the A259 in Newhaven, if I'm driving from Newhaven to Seaford I always try to second guess what the driver coming the other way is going to do.
      Cars coming from Seaford ( A259) indicate right on the roundabout but go straight over towards Newhaven, some drivers don't indicate but turn right at the roundabout towards Denton.

1 Not allowed!
      had an interesting one last evening. Mini roundabout with three roads, all minor B ones. Three of us literally approached at same time and same distance, all indicating a right turn, all stoped watching who felt they had right of way. Never had one like that before

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      Yes, this. Well not just not signalling, but signalling wrong. I would say >50% of people signal wrong, at roundabouts, particularly signalling right to go round a roundabout but then not cancelling it when they get to their exit.

Quote Originally Posted by bn9 bha View Post
      Spot on.
      There is a roundabout on the A259 in Newhaven, if I'm driving from Newhaven to Seaford I always try to second guess what the driver coming the other way is going to do.
      Cars coming from Seaford ( A259) indicate right on the roundabout but go straight over towards Newhaven, some drivers don't indicate but turn right at the roundabout towards Denton.
      Both of the roundabouts either side of Sainsburys seem to be particularly bad for some reason. I do think a lot of these problems could be removed if the lanes were very clearly marked (or if people learned to use their indicators.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something