Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garcia Report leak

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I've thought about this, and, I don't really care anymore, they've ruined the WC for me, I hope Russia, and Quater, keep them, and I hope they're both disasters.
FIFA is just not worth losing my rag about now, they had the chance to clean up, and they just kept on scoffing in the trough, I hope they get what they deserve.

And what they deserve is a tournament so overblown with mediocrity and such a drawn out affair that the title of World Cup winners is devalued beyond belief and the tournament collapses in on itself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm on a diet but I'm certainly getting the pringles out for this one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
FIFA have just released the full report, which they claim they were always about to do, and it is a coincidence that Bild have about to publish a leaked version.

In other news, I've just had a threesome with Rachel Riley and Inigo Calderon.

https://www.fifa.com/governance/news/y=2017/m=6/news=fifa-statement-on-recent-media-coverage-regarding-the-garcia-report-2898791.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_news_top

I'm honestly not sure, if I had to choose, which one of those two I'd kick out of bed.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All a bit disappointing The whole reason Garcia resigned was because he said the published Fifa summary by Eckert had left loads out and misrepresented his report findings.

But it didn't at all. While we all think there was corruption, there is no smoking gun for Russia/Qatar, and the people that come off worst are Garcia himself and England.

We'll never know what was on those destroyed Russian computers.

And the way the FA humiliated themselves trying to curry favour with that crook Warner is their all-time low point.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Both the Russians and Qataris are both claiming the release of the full report exonerates their respective clean and ethical WC winning campaigns!! Like the investigation would actually manage to uncover something such as X amount of dollars being put into a Russian or Qatari bank account for the use of someone in return for a vote.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
All a bit disappointing The whole reason Garcia resigned was because he said the published Fifa summary by Eckert had left loads out and misrepresented his report findings.

But it didn't at all. While we all think there was corruption, there is no smoking gun for Russia/Qatar, and the people that come off worst are Garcia himself and England.

We'll never know what was on those destroyed Russian computers.

And the way the FA humiliated themselves trying to curry favour with that crook Warner is their all-time low point.

I'm not so sure about Garcia. His full report was critical of the lack of governance of FIFA, under the leadership of Blatter, who came in for no such criticism in the abridged version.

All the bidding countries with the exception of Belgium behaved unethically. Garcia had no mandate to inspect bank accounts or force people to testify so he was on a hiding to nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here