Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What gives?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm a bit irked, if I'm honest...

I've been reading this forum for a couple years, always promised I'd join and post. So, I did. I found you all to be very welcoming and accepting - and funny. Very funny actually. I've tried my best to add humour, balanced views, and a bit of controversy (as all forums should have now and again to get the hens clucking) and I don't think I've been abusive, nor have I upset anyone to my knowledge.

'The Clamp' said all of my posts were drivel, apart from one - and at least he was honest. I've been called a 'JCL' - which I am, and even take the piss out of myself on my signature to acknowledge this. Yesterday, I posted on the thread about Steve Parrish, the love child of Jeremy Vine and David Cameron, singing Karaoke on his holidays, to leave him alone as he's just on holiday with his family.

So... I'm now being treated, I assume - from the comment, with some suspicion.

whatgives.jpg

Am I a Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holding Crystal Cladding fan with a penchant for self abuse? Have I come on here to convert you all to Islam and persuade you all to make the 2018/19 kit consist of sandals and a striped dish-dash? Have I come on here to slowly brainwash you all into thinking Glenn Murray runs so fast it's an optical illusion and we all see it differently, or is a senior member of the forum being paranoid? I asked for an answer on the thread itself, and also invited him to explain himself away from the thread by sending a polite PM. I've not received a reply to either.

Senior member of the forum or not - it made me feel uncomfortable, and I don't like that. I'll take anything thrown at me in public in plain English, I'm not a little wilting flower who cries at every insult - but something like that, then no reply is a bit, well.... snide. That's not what I thought this place was.

I'm happy to sod off if you like. Just say, and I'll go back to reading the forums only..

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm a bit irked, if I'm honest...

I've been reading this forum for a couple years, always promised I'd join and post. So, I did. I found you all to be very welcoming and accepting - and funny. Very funny actually. I've tried my best to add humour, balanced views, and a bit of controversy (as all forums should have now and again to get the hens clucking) and I don't think I've been abusive, nor have I upset anyone to my knowledge.

'The Clamp' said all of my posts were drivel, apart from one - and at least he was honest. I've been called a 'JCL' - which I am, and even take the piss out of myself on my signature to acknowledge this. Yesterday, I posted on the thread about Steve Parrish, the love child of Jeremy Vine and David Cameron, singing Karaoke on his holidays, to leave him alone as he's just on holiday with his family.

So... I'm now being treated, I assume - from the comment, with some suspicion.

View attachment 86629

Am I a Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket holding Crystal Cladding fan with a penchant for self abuse? Have I come on here to convert you all to Islam and persuade you all to make the 2018/19 kit consist of sandals and a striped dish-dash? Have I come on here to slowly brainwash you all into thinking Glenn Murray runs so fast it's an optical illusion and we all see it differently, or is a senior member of the forum being paranoid? I asked for an answer on the thread itself, and also invited him to explain himself away from the thread by sending a polite PM. I've not received a reply to either.

Senior member of the forum or not - it made me feel uncomfortable, and I don't like that. I'll take anything thrown at me in public in plain English, I'm not a little wilting flower who cries at every insult - but something like that, then no reply is a bit, well.... snide. That's not what I thought this place was.

I'm happy to sod off if you like. Just say, and I'll go back to reading the forums only..

Oh my giddy aunt, do you know what you have just done...... :ohmy:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Oh don't get all snowflakey, just carry on mate. The ar5eholes who think they own the place soon surface if your opinion doesn't coinside with theirs. Fvck em.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
My way of dealing with that sort of thing is..

Attachments

• 14591781_10209918257448116_6389537611967347373_n.jpg
    14591781_10209918257448116_6389537611967347373_n.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,035

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well that's my afternoon dilemma on what to do solved !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Method
Put the flour, eggs, milk, 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter. ...
Set a medium frying pan or crêpe pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe it with some oiled kitchen paper. ...
Serve with lemon wedges and sugar, or your favourite filling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea why [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION]'s question warranted a potential flounce thread. :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here