Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***County Championship Division 2, Sussex v Gloucestershire at Hove, Jun 26-29, DAYNIGHT**

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
New entry price as well to entice people in after work £17 all three sessions or £10 after 4pm for last two sessions. I am gutted I am away and will miss this new venture. Sounds like the pink ball may be tricky as well.

Good luck and welcome back to our new Captain Ben Brown as well - Squad will be from

Ben Brown ©
Chris Nash
Harry Finch
Luke Wells
Stiaan van Zyl
Luke Wright
Chris Jordan
David Wiese
Jofra Archer
Danny Briggs
Abi Sakande
Stuart Whittingham

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Play starts at 2pm with the first interval between 4-40pm and tea 6.40-7pm.

Play is due to finish at 9pm however with our form on over rates will probably finish nearer 10pm.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Play starts at 2pm with the first interval between 4-40pm and tea 6.40-7pm.

Play is due to finish at 9pm however with our form on over rates will probably finish nearer 10pm.

With the weather forecast for Tues to Thurs I'd imagine this will be a draw.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am now missing it as had technical problems at work and delayed me. Hopefully its clear Thursday night I will be back in time to see the last session before the Captains shake hands and get an early start home...oh -still the roads back to Bristol will be a breeze at midnight

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
With the weather forecast for Tues to Thurs I'd imagine this will be a draw.
Great shame that this worthy innovation might be undermined by weather later in the week.

Get down to Hove this pm and enjoy it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
What do we reckon Gloucestershire will want to do here? Bowl first to assess conditions and see what happens, or avoid batting last at 8pm on a 4 day old pitch?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Great shame that this worthy innovation might be undermined by weather later in the week.

Get down to Hove this pm and enjoy it.

Now, if they'd done this LAST week it would have been amazing, with long warm, sunny evenings, into a beautiful twilight.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Very poor planning.

My view is that unless you get that one week that occurs every couple of summers, day/night 4 day cricket is ill-suited to the British climate. We just don't have enough dry and warm spells of weather to justify it.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What do we reckon Gloucestershire will want to do here? Bowl first to assess conditions and see what happens, or avoid batting last at 8pm on a 4 day old pitch?

You would think batting this afternoon when its dry could help you see off the new (pink) ball - but will it become tricky as the sun goes down and light changes. I would fancy a bat but the Sussex batsmen have said the pink ball acts erratically.

I would like to see Whittingham and Briggs play as well, along side Jordan, Wiese and Archer we have a good bowling attack for this division, although its a shame for us Garton is with the Lions playing SA at Worcester from Thursday and Goff is out long term.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I wonder how the post match tradition of both teams having a drink in the cricketers after the end of days three play works, a late session now, whats the big nightclub night on a Thursday these days.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I just saw our players played for three hours on Saturday night under the lights at Hove with the new pink duke. Just seen they are £125 a pop, limit those sixes.

Attachments

• ball.png
    ball.png
    92 KB · Views: 184

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
No way you can call those intervals 'lunch' and 'tea'. Surely 'tea' and 'supper'...?

Can't call what would be lunch, 'tea' that would confuse people who would have no idea what interval it was.

How about 'Tiffin' for the 4pm? Happy with Supper for the 6.40, although that is when most people would be eating dinner....!?!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
New entry price as well to entice people in after work £17 all three sessions or £10 after 4pm for last two sessions. I am gutted I am away and will miss this new venture. Sounds like the pink ball may be tricky as well.

Good luck and welcome back to our new Captain Ben Brown as well - Squad will be from

Ben Brown ©
Chris Nash
Harry Finch
Luke Wells
Stiaan van Zyl
Luke Wright
Chris Jordan
David Wiese
Jofra Archer
Danny Briggs
Abi Sakande
Stuart Whittingham

Decent looking squad. Does anyone know what's happened to Evans. Think he played the first two championship games but then got injured. Is he still injured or just not selected?

Pity for Burgess. His batting average is above a number of the batsmen so I did wonder if they'd play him as a batsman only.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Looks a nicely balanced squad. Always fear that top order's got a collapse in them though. Amazing to think Magoffin, Shahzad, Garton, Evans, Beer are on the sidelines (for various reasons). Beer must feel slightly peeved after his performance against South Africa A side.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Looks a nicely balanced squad. Always fear that top order's got a collapse in them though. Amazing to think Magoffin, Shahzad, Garton, Evans, Beer are on the sidelines (for various reasons). Beer must feel slightly peeved after his performance against South Africa A side.

Agreed re Beer but they may feel he Briggs is better at keeping it quiet at one end if they want to rotate the seamers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, thought Burgess might sneak in as a bat bearing in mind he's be a pretty useful slip catcher too. Tough to drop anyone though, as you think Finch deserves a run.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here