Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sonos 100 day trial

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are a lot of Sonos lovers on NSC, including yours truly, whilst many others have asked "Is Sonos any good and worth a go?"

I've just noticed that they are currently doing a 100 day trial thing. Order some Sonos kit, try it and if you don't like it then you can send it back within 100 days and get your money back. The promotion is only running until June 28th.

(Affiliated, obviously) link: http://amzn.to/2scVoZq

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Just looking to upgrade my Sonos Play 3 and get a Sonos Play 5!!

May also get a soundbar, I hear they are impressive...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just looking to upgrade my Sonos Play 3 and get a Sonos Play 5!!

May also get a soundbar, I hear they are impressive...

You would have to hear it to know if it is impressive, I would not go just by what you hear.:bla:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have a Sonos soundbar and the sound quality is very good. If you order one to trial, I doubt you will be sending it back :)

That's my concern. I've thought about a Soundbar and sub woofer for quite a while. I'm pretty sure it would turn out to be quite an expensive "let's just give it a go" whim.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
That's my concern. I've thought about a Soundbar and sub woofer for quite a while. I'm pretty sure it would turn out to be quite an expensive "let's just give it a go" whim.

I have sound bar, woofer and two play ones for my TV set up.

It is unbelievable,!room shaking effects.

Changed from Dennon amp and keff speakers

So much better it's hard to believe.

Do it.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The sound bar and sub were expensive even before the Feb 2017 price increases....now 700 quid each, that takes it into I think unrealistic levels compared with other Company's offerings

I imagine Sales are struggling a bit, and so we get a 100 days free trial offer.

Still love the products but no longer good value IMO.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My biggest bugbear with my Play 1 is how hard would it have been to have had a jack port? I love it for all the music stuff, but I'm watching Glasto on my iPad and frustrating you cannot just plug in and use it purely as a speaker. Play 5 and Soundbar have the ports I think, so it is a marketing decision, not a technical one.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I just have a miserable 5.1 Samsung jobby going on, but I'm sure I'll be shouted down for it (CLS).

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I did look at getting a soundbar earlier in the year, but couldn't spend more than about £70 so gave up so I fear I will be able to take Sonos up on their kind offer :)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have sound bar, woofer and two play ones for my TV set up.

It is unbelievable,!room shaking effects.

Changed from Dennon amp and keff speakers

So much better it's hard to believe.

Do it.

Idiot question alert from someone who doesn't understand a thing about sound and vision kit ! How have you connected your Sonos kit to the TV ? I've got a couple of Play 1's and an LG Plasma and have always thought of seeing if I can get them working with the TV but haven't the foggiest where to start.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Idiot question alert from someone who doesn't understand a thing about sound and vision kit ! How have you connected your Sonos kit to the TV ? I've got a couple of Play 1's and an LG Plasma and have always thought of seeing if I can get them working with the TV but haven't the foggiest where to start.

You can't with a Play 1 as it doesn't have any external input ports. This is the frustrating thing about the Play 1, fantastic sound and streaming speaker, but bloody annoying not to have a jack port at the very least.

The Soundbar has an optical audio port and Play 5 has a 3.5mm jack port.

This lack of basic connectivity is one reason I haven't expanded my Sonos kit to be honest.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I know it's subjective but I find the playbar and the two play 1's that I have give me ample bass. Why not just order the playbar to trial and see if the 'bass' it gives out handles your needs? Then order the 'woofer' if necessary!

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

Optical cable from Tv to sound bar and the sonos magic does the rest
The sound bar acts as the amp and controls the others.

It is truly amazing even automatically detects volume from Tv remote.
Also has nighttime function to damper down the bass.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I only want one speaker is there an alternative for streaming? I want one with Tidal and Spotify (built in)

Almost every music source you can think of, including the two you mention, are "built in" to Sonos.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Almost every music source you can think of, including the two you mention, are "built in" to Sonos.

Sorry I understand the technical terms but didnt want to be too geeky!

Is the 1 good enough for relatively loud music - I mean in the house without sounding like a yoot (with good range especially bass)? Is there Bluetooth and is it any good, WIFI, finally does it include streaming from the BBC?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry I understand the technical terms but didnt want to be too geeky!

Is the 1 good enough for relatively loud music - I mean in the house without sounding like a yoot (with good range especially bass)? Is there Bluetooth and is it any good, WIFI, finally does it include streaming from the BBC?

I was very impressed with the breadth of sound when I got my first 1.

It doesn't have Bluetooth - they stream directly over the internet from your wifi, using your phone and/or tablet and/or computer as a controller to select what you want to listen to.

I use Radio by TuneIn on ours for radio including all the BBC you can shake a stick at.

ea4273c4b3dd639c4754a327e8d7b6aa.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here