Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extremism - both sides

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
A march against extremism is a right-wing thing to do now?

God help us all.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Amazingly, this isn't about Islam extremism. It's about the far left and the far right.

One of my so called mates kicked me off his facebook yesterday, and phone, which is fine, I have no problem. But I do find that you cannot question these extremists, you call them out, they delete you, they have nothing to actually come back with. In my experience both extremes of Right and Left meet somewhere in the middle ideologically. Nazi's killed people, Commies killed people. Yes I know I'm being simplistic, but at the end of the day, do they not both control the population?

So my thing yesterday was a right wing march in London, which obviously had a counter march from the lefty's. I personally think they are all out for a ruck, it has nothing to do with beliefs. And then I get all the shite about 'how we disrupted this and disrupted that', I politely asked them to do one and grow up. I asked them if their counter march wasn't actually counter productive. You hear them bang on about Hitler. You hear the others bang on about Stalin. In my eyes there was no difference between Hitler and Stalin, hence my comment they meet in the middle somewhere. But to not be able to debate a matter makes me think they are all extremist bigots. I can't be bothered with either side, but I am growing more and more pi'ssed off with their moral stance.

Just asking you lot, what is your thought on this?

There's a pressing issue of double standards/hypocrisy. The far left will come out in force to try and silence a few balding, middle aged white blokes waving England flags but are nowhere to be seen when fascistic Islamist extremists (intent on killing us all) have one of their regular outings. In fact they're often found tacitly supporting these' fascists' as long as they have a darker tone of skin colour and are against 'western imperialism'.

Plus of course there is the minor point that the far left are a much bigger threat to this country as they appear to be on the verge of gaining power. Not that their recent converts would acknowledge they are far left/extreme. Apparently in our brave new progressive world people who have spent their lifetime hating this country and aligning themselves with people responsible for killing our fellow citizens are OK. People who call for insurrection and encourage violent protest against our democratically elected government are OK.

I expect many people on the left view anyone to the right of centre as having dubious moral values I can assure them the feeling is entirely mutual.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There's a pressing issue of double standards/hypocrisy. The far left will come out in force to try and silence a few balding, middle aged white blokes waving England flags but are nowhere to be seen when fascistic Islamist extremists (intent on killing us all) have one of their regular outings. In fact they're often found tacitly supporting these' fascists' as long as they have a darker tone of skin colour and are against 'western imperialism'.

Plus of course there is the minor point that the far left are a much bigger threat to this country as they appear to be on the verge of gaining power. Not that their recent converts would acknowledge they are far left/extreme. Apparently in our brave new progressive world people who have spent their lifetime hating this country and aligning themselves with people responsible for killing our fellow citizens are OK. People who call for insurrection and encourage violent protest against our democratically elected government are OK.

I expect many people on the left view anyone to the right of centre as having dubious moral values I can assure them the feeling is entirely mutual.

Good points, however I think of myself, personally, to be quite middle ground, others will tell me I lean to the right. Fair enough, but I am talking extreme on both sides here, and they do seem to find common ground once they get the power in their hands?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Oxford Dictionary defines an extremist as "a person who holds extreme religious (or political) views, especially one who advocates illegal, violent, or other extreme actions."

Surely by this definition, you could surmise Trump would come under some of the contexts:
(Extreme views) Banning some Muslims from entering the US?
(Illegal actions) The idea of that bloody wall on US / Mexico borders?
(Other extreme actions) Flouncing that hideous mop of his :wink:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Amazingly, this isn't about Islam extremism. It's about the far left and the far right.

One of my so called mates kicked me off his facebook yesterday, and phone, which is fine, I have no problem. But I do find that you cannot question these extremists, you call them out, they delete you, they have nothing to actually come back with. In my experience both extremes of Right and Left meet somewhere in the middle ideologically. Nazi's killed people, Commies killed people. Yes I know I'm being simplistic, but at the end of the day, do they not both control the population?

So my thing yesterday was a right wing march in London, which obviously had a counter march from the lefty's. I personally think they are all out for a ruck, it has nothing to do with beliefs. And then I get all the shite about 'how we disrupted this and disrupted that', I politely asked them to do one and grow up. I asked them if their counter march wasn't actually counter productive. You hear them bang on about Hitler. You hear the others bang on about Stalin. In my eyes there was no difference between Hitler and Stalin, hence my comment they meet in the middle somewhere. But to not be able to debate a matter makes me think they are all extremist bigots. I can't be bothered with either side, but I am growing more and more pi'ssed off with their moral stance.

Just asking you lot, what is your thought on this?

Counter Demonstrations are like secondry picketing. You can hold a protest the day before or day after or miles away. Its an attempt to shut down a march or debate, when the killing starts they'll soon be banned or when theres a proper government with a spine.

I have found that SJWs and Stormfags share the smae triats, neither wants to debate issues or concpets and both are thin skinned running quickly for the ban button or safe spaces.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Counter Demonstrations are like secondry picketing. You can hold a protest the day before or day after or miles away. Its an attempt to shut down a march or debate, when the killing starts they'll soon be banned or when theres a proper government with a spine.

I have found that SJWs and Stormfags share the smae triats, neither wants to debate issues or concpets and both are thin skinned running quickly for the ban button or safe spaces.

A bit of a sheep mentality I guess?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A bit of a sheep mentality I guess?

I would say no, a mental disposition is more likely When your young you caN Fill your head with purile identity politics but as you get older things like work, home and kids etc will at least start relegating this way of thinking, unless your a total loser with nothing to remove it or mentally ill. Remember the first Identity politics organisation was the KKK set up by the Democrats. Its also a mainstay of hard left and right.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But 'it starts with you' will also get extremism kicking in. I guess we're lucky enough not to hate people?

Not really. If you embraced a form of Libertarianism where the whole tenet is that everyone is free to live their lives as they choose so long as they don't harm or impinge on others rights to do so.

Be that person and you'll be neither left or right, you'll support the right of the individual and be free of group think which is what defines and plagues the left/right spectrum.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would say no, a mental disposition is more likely When your young you caN Fill your head with purile identity politics but as you get older things like work, home and kids etc will at least start relegating this way of thinking, unless your a total loser with nothing to remove it or mentally ill. Remember the first Identity politics organisation was the KKK set up by the Democrats. Its also a mainstay of hard left and right.

What I don't get then, and I know it's generalising, hugely, why are right wingers usually 40 somethings and left wingers usually 20 something? Am I wrong? I could be...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What I don't get then, and I know it's generalising, hugely, why are right wingers usually 40 somethings and left wingers usually 20 something? Am I wrong? I could be...

As the old saying goes

“If a person is not a liberal when he is twenty, he has no heart; if he is not a conservative when he is forty, he has no head."

It's easy to be idealistic when one is young and free of responsibility. When one is older and burdened with what life entails it's hard not to surrender the idealism for pragmatism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here