Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extremism - both sides

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I do realise your a crap mod so I'll help you out. Its not some 50/50 to and throw as you lamely suggest in your Pontius Pilot type role of High Priest of Moral Relatavism,The idiot keeps leeping on my posts at what appears to be random, he posts nothing to do with the topic.

This is ok in your book? So can I start following people round the boards doing the same?

To and Throw :lolol:

That reminds me of when I thought the saying was "to all intensive purposes"

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No that is superstition, the government gave women the vote for war service. As it was stated that women shouldn't vote because they cant do a mans job.

Claiming women got the vote solely due to their work during WW1 is just untrue. Yes, WW1 played its part, so too the suffragettes and suffragists, who campaigned for decades to get women the vote and the long-term persuasion of both movements played a significant factor. To say it didn't is just ignorant especially as a pro-sufferage MP Lloyd George replaced Asquith as prime minister, and many pro-suffrage MPs, who had been young men before 1914, held influential places in government.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Claiming women got the vote solely due to their work during WW1 is just untrue. Yes, WW1 played its part, so too the suffragettes and suffragists, who campaigned for decades to get women the vote and the long-term persuasion of both movements played a significant factor. To say it didn't is just ignorant especially as a pro-sufferage MP Lloyd George replaced Asquith as prime minister, and many pro-suffrage MPs, who had been young men before 1914, held influential places in government.

I am not trying to promote an all or nothing arguement. Their were many pro-suffrage without being suffragettes,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here