Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey-v-Darwin

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sad from the supposedly rational muslim nation.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will go down well with American creationists which still make up a large percentage of all Americans although finally the numbers are reducing but believe still around 35%.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh come on. Man made from clay and women from a man's rib is far more plausible than evolution. No? Ignore all the scientific evidence for the latter, the former theory is written in a book. Ha.

And the serpent tempted Eve with an apple..........held it out to her in its little hands, did it?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
....and it evolved into a creature with no arms and without the power of speech ........... oh. Hang on a minute - wrong theory!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
It's so cool to think that dinosaurs roamed around with people 50,000 years ago.

Must have been feisty with a couple of Raptors on that ark too.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
It's so cool to think that dinosaurs roamed around with people 50,000 years ago.

Must have been feisty with a couple of Raptors on that ark too.

No. not 50.000, the earth is only 4000 years old. Oh. and the dino fossils were created at the same time to fool non believers. apparently.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Religion of all sorts is so dangerous crackpots the lot of them.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Religion of all sorts is so dangerous crackpots the lot of them.

Exactly .
The less religion the more civilisation .
Man made God in his own image is why there are so many God's .
Religion is exactly what you would expect from primates one step away from Chimpanzee's.
Quotes from the late great Christopher Hitchens .

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Turkey was a country with aspirations to join the EU and there was a moment when the country looked west for inspiration but sadly both Turkey and the EU missed the opportunity and one the world may regret time will tell.

Since the genuine or not genuine coup attempt crackdowns have been placed on all secular institutions and in-prisoning hundreds of thousands of moderate well educated free thinkers which is turning the country's gaze away from the West to the East.

I fear we are loosing an important communication link directly to the Middle Eastern governments, Russia sees an opportunity and is trying to fill the void being vacated by the West.

I can only hope a resurgent EU without the constant negative UK can pull things back from the brink?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Exactly .
The less religion the more civilisation .
Man made God in his own image is why there are so many God's .
Religion is exactly what you would expect from primates one step away from Chimpanzee's.
Quotes from the late great Christopher Hitchens .

That is a falsehood.

There was no religion in the USSR, China, North Korea, Vietman.

Yet they are some of the most brutal and oppressive backwards times in history. Hardly more civilised or enlightened.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes but equivalence doesn't make for a better future for the world. The sooner people take the threat of religion seriously the better.

Yes. I can accept that people should have the freedom to practice their religion in as much as if people want to buy homeopathic 'medicine' (provided it is clearly labeled as such) or wear a hipster beard then, go for it.

However, the problem is that in some religions it is part of he deal to seek to convert others (Jehova's witnesses, some Christians, some Muslims). That (preaching as we can call it) should be illegal. That would be a problem in the US where whole TV stations do nothing but preach (for donations). Ban it now.

The other problem is some religions think their members can tell other people how to behave (ISIL is simply an extreme logical extension - if you are not ISIL then we kill you). That of course should be ilegal. Till recently it was hard to buy a beer on a Sunday because Christians were against it. How mad is that?

Finally, it is quite possible that some religious people make their kids follow the same religion. There are schools, clubs and other such things set up specifically for kids. In my view that is child abuse and should be illegal. Making children believe in things and use this to map their lives will, in the future, be regarded as abhorrent. (By this, obviously I don't mean once a year telling an under 5 that santa will come down the chimney with pressies - big difference to telling a kid 3 times a day that if they misbehave they will burn in hell).

I make no comment on the feeble mindedness of people so afraid of death they have to believe in an afterlife. I'm sorry for them. However, inventing a god as a consequence should be a private matter for adults, who are most welcome to form a club and build a church/mosque etc where they can reinforce each others' weakness. Aside from that.... please, not in my face, not with my taxpayers' money (yes, religions have a tax arrangement), not in British schools paid for by taxpayers.

It is not bigoted or racist to be anti religion. Indeed I can claim that opposing all public manifestations of religion is my religion. Especially on a Sunday. There is no god. Enjoy another cracking day with your loved ones, for what it is and for what they are. :wave:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yes. I can accept that people should have the freedom to practice their religion in as much as if people want to buy homeopathic 'medicine' (provided it is clearly labeled as such) or wear a hipster beard then, go for it.

However, the problem is that in some religions it is part of he deal to seek to convert others (Jehova's witnesses, some Christians, some Muslims). That (preaching as we can call it) should be illegal. That would be a problem in the US where whole TV stations do nothing but preach (for donations). Ban it now.

The other problem is some religions think their members can tell other people how to behave (ISIL is simply an extreme logical extension - if you are not ISIL then we kill you). That of course should be ilegal. Till recently it was hard to buy a beer on a Sunday because Christians were against it. How mad is that?

Finally, it is quite possible that some religious people make their kids follow the same religion. There are schools, clubs and other such things set up specifically for kids. In my view that is child abuse and should be illegal. Making children believe in things and use this to map their lives will, in the future, be regarded as abhorrent. (By this, obviously I don't mean once a year telling an under 5 that santa will come down the chimney with pressies - big difference to telling a kid 3 times a day that if they misbehave they will burn in hell).

I make no comment on the feeble mindedness of people so afraid of death they have to believe in an afterlife. I'm sorry for them. However, inventing a god as a consequence should be a private matter for adults, who are most welcome to form a club and build a church/mosque etc where they can reinforce each others' weakness. Aside from that.... please, not in my face, not with my taxpayers' money (yes, religions have a tax arrangement), not in British schools paid for by taxpayers.

It is not bigoted or racist to be anti religion. Indeed I can claim that opposing all public manifestations of religion is my religion. Especially on a Sunday. There is no god. Enjoy another cracking day with your loved ones, for what it is and for what they are. :wave:

Meanwhile it is fine to shove your atheism down everyone's throat. Bravo :) :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here