Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA MBNA branded Credit card

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Got a letter saying the existing 'deal' is over and i'll get a new one soon.

Anyone else had one? Not really sure how much benefit BHA got from my use, but am intrigued as to what MBNA would have contributed.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
MBNA did lots of branded credit cards - charities, sports clubs etc. The Brighton card, like many others, was closed to new users some time ago, presumably because there were too few users. MBNA contributed a small start up fee and a miniscule % of the card spending. Presumably they recouped the money from the interest charged to users.

The charity cards seem to have stopped completely,and the football cards are limited to some of the obvious clubs such as Liverpool and Arsenal - but strangely also still retaining West Ham and Aston Villa

Credit cards from MBNA: MBNA Platinum Credit Card − Balance Transfer Offer, MBNA Platinum Credit Card - Handling Fee Offer, MBNA Platinum Credit Card - Money Transfer Offer, MBNA All Round Credit Card, The MBNA 5 Credit Card – a great alternative to a loan, Arsenal Credit Card, Chelsea Credit Card, Liverpool FC Credit Card, Tottenham Hotspur Credit Card, Aston Villa Credit Card, Virgin Atlantic Black Credit Card Account, Virgin Atlantic White Credit Card Account, Emirates Skywards Elite Credit Card Account, Emirates Skywards Credit Card Account, Etihad Guest Credit Card Account, The MileagePlus® Credit Card Account, MBNA/AAdvantage® Credit Card Account, Miles & More Credit Card Account, West Ham United Credit Card, Rangers Credit Card.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ditched mine a while back as used it for work expenses only and the twats applied a card payment to the bill twice from my bank account and took 6 months to resolve the issue and refund the bank charges I incurred

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Since the capping on card fees it's not worth bothering from their perspective, or the clubs - as it's just more aggro for no money.

A brilliant site, if you want to learn about getting the most from credit cards, points and miles is the following. No doubt some on here will be familiar with it - but for those who aren't it's a godsend. I'm flying a family of four to Dubai in British Airways First Class this October for less than an economy flight thanks to this lot...

http://www.headforpoints.com/

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Got a letter saying the existing 'deal' is over and i'll get a new one soon.

Anyone else had one? Not really sure how much benefit BHA got from my use, but am intrigued as to what MBNA would have contributed.

I'm in the same boat (didn't see your thread back in June) - and now I'm using the new one with no Albion badge, I'm feeling the old one is a tiny, tiny bit of the history of the twenty years "from Hereford to Here".

The deal was done in Dick Knight's day, and the club was getting a cut.

But that deal finished years ago - I think mbna informed us a decade ago that the club was no longer profiting, but they were keeping the club badge ... and that's why the club badge never got updated.

One odd thing is that occasionally a barperson/shopkeeper will say "oh you support the Albion'" but even in Brighton no-one ever said "... err, that's the old badge".

Here's a pic for anyone interested.

IMG_6837 (1).jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here