Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone fancy a Bender Brunch ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As you may know my daughters name is Delta and we collect signs, cups all sorts of stuff for her with her name on so every now and again I trawl the internet sometimes looking for things and came across this.

I was kinda keen on the Delta Brunch or Delta Grill, however further down the menu.... ???

Was this back in the 70s acceptable ???

Or did people simply not think of that, I know the word was banded about and not so much these days, would anyone / company dare use that word nowadays.

Nice prices though....

Attachments

• 19225942_10213108413374550_6628660118399654721_n (1).jpg
    19225942_10213108413374550_6628660118399654721_n (1).jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 1,491

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
El Pres tells me that you haven't lived if you've never had a Bender Egg Brunch followed up with a Brown Derby

And what about slipping a Shanty Salad in there ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What do you mean 1970's.

Get yourself to your nearest Wimpey for a Bender in a Bun followed by a Brown Derby. :thumbsup:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I used to fairly regularly have a 'Big Bender Grill' in Wimpy mostly in Bexhill and occasionally Eastbourne this century, never mind the 70's.. Very nice it was too. Filled you up good and proper.

Sadly both branches are closed now.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The bender was just a frankfurter bent into a circle and served in a roll
Things were a lot less PC in the 70s and nobody thought twice about it

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Nothing wrong with getting a big bender inside you. Oh matron!

Love a good Wimpy. It was always my lunch of choice before Saturday home games in the Withdean era.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Used to have the ocassional Wimpy years ago - it amused my American gf that the Brits would name a burger a Wimpy Burger.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
As you may know my daughters name is Delta and we collect signs, cups all sorts of stuff for her with her name on so every now and again I trawl the internet sometimes looking for things and came across this.

I was kinda keen on the Delta Brunch or Delta Grill, however further down the menu.... ???

Was this back in the 70s acceptable ???

Or did people simply not think of that, I know the word was banded about and not so much these days, would anyone / company dare use that word nowadays.

Nice prices though....

Ice Cream contains non milk fat? Surely that should be non fat milk? (Bottom right of menu)

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
When I was in the sixth form in the 70s we were allowed to go into the local town at lunchtime. Wimpy was a favourite haunt
Eating a burger, bun and all with a knife and fork. First time we went to McD no knife no fork no plate...wtf??

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Probably non milk fat is right - there wasn't much non-fat anything around in the 70s.

Strangely thought obesity wasn't the problem that it is now.

Was it the nature of work? Being more physical etc? Eating to survive rather than surviving to eat?

There wasn't the range of food you get now and not vast numbers of fast food joints.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Ice Cream contains non milk fat? Surely that should be non fat milk? (Bottom right of menu)

'Non milk fat' means just what it says - fat that does not come from milk.

You think most commercial ice cream is made from milk, or the fat from milk? Think again.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You, you...BENDER! (snigger snigger)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here