Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

Closed Captioning

0 Not allowed!
    Now I realise that this function is of great use to people who are deaf and hard of hearing, so this is in no way a pi$$ take. Some of the CC translations that these guys have to read must leave them wondering what the hell is being said. Watching the Fran Sandaza video on the Seagulls website the CC function automatically came on. It makes interesting reading.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-face-sandaza/
    When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!

I've just watched that video with the CC...as you say, anyone relying on that must be wondering what on Earth is going on.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the actual commentary is:

"Can they do it here at the death, Albion? Bennett with the corner, floats it in there onto the penalty spot...right footed, off the post, lashed into the back of the net! And it's Fran Sandaza, on his home debut, in the 5th minute of injury time!"

Now, if you were relying on the CC to let you know what was happening, you'd have got this:

"can they do it here at the Deaf albion. Bennett with the quarter, floats it in there all to the penalty shot but it looks like a ****ing in it explodes. Dada Dada on his whole Debbie oh it's not fifth inning every three five [APPLAUSE]"

Obviously it's an automated thing (I hope), but you'd be baffled reading that as to some of the detail.
      REMF Quiz Champion 2016

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Frutos View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I've just watched that video with the CC...as you say, anyone relying on that must be wondering what on Earth is going on.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, the actual commentary is:

"Can they do it here at the death, Albion? Bennett with the corner, floats it in there onto the penalty spot...right footed, off the post, lashed into the back of the net! And it's Fran Sandaza, on his home debut, in the 5th minute of injury time!"

Now, if you were relying on the CC to let you know what was happening, you'd have got this:

"can they do it here at the Deaf albion. Bennett with the quarter, floats it in there all to the penalty shot but it looks like a ****ing in it explodes. Dada Dada on his whole Debbie oh it's not fifth inning every three five [APPLAUSE]"

Obviously it's an automated thing (I hope), but you'd be baffled reading that as to some of the detail.
      Eh? SPEAK UP A BIT, DIDN'T QUITE CATCH THAT. I SAID I DIDN'T QUITE CATCH THAT... PARDON?

0 Not allowed!
      The joys of technology. Used to be a person transcribing the speech but nowadays they use automatic software to do it which makes many many mistakes due to not understanding context.