Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Spanish seagulls can you help

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Or anyone with knowledge of Spain.

My boy and I want to go to the Girona game but he is a coeliac AND a vegetarian. Is GF pasta and bread widely available in Spain and do many restaurants do GF dishes.

Bit of a long ask I know but NSC often surprises.

Dec 9, 2015
Gf in spain

My boy and I want to go to the Girona game but he is a coeliac AND a vegetarian. Is GF pasta and bread widely available in Spain and do many restaurants do GF dishes.

Hi I go to Tenerife twice a year and there is a supermarket called MERCODONA that can be found all over Spain and the islands. They supply GF bread
and all their own brand products are marked SIN GLUTEN if it is GF and they do a vast amount. If you google on your phone Spanish restaurant card you can
download a card that tells restaurants that your boy is a coeliac and what he is not allowed. Restaurants in Spain I have found have a better understanding
than the UK. Hopes this helps from a fellow coeliac and enjoy the game.

Dec 9, 2015
sorry forgot to say on MERCODONA packets you will see a red and yellow circle with SIN GLUTEN wrote thru it and it will be on the front if the pack

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Mercodona are probably the best supermarket chain in Spain anyway.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

You may want try this:
https://www.happycow.net/searchmap?lat=&lng=&location=Girona

We used this site, when we went to Italy a few years back, as my wife has a gluten intolerance :thumbsup:

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
AFAIK, there seem to be more and more coeliacs in Spain, and you should be OK. Vegetarian-wise you may have more problems, most Spanish food is meat and fish, though if you eat fish you should be OK.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here