Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
According to the BBC he's now managing the Under 18s side at Harborough Town, who play in the ninth tier of the pyramid.

I note from the report that he left his last role in Ireland in 2015 for family reasons, so maybe that's a factor in why he's dropped down so far.

To think, the last time we played (and beat) Man City he was in charge...how things have changed for us and him since.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40371403

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
His management career really has taken a nosedive over the last 10 years.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I bumped into him and Bob in a club in Market Harborough about 10 years ago. I was so pissed. Gave them both a big fat hug and told them I loved them.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He has a book coming out. Hasn't he effectively retired?

He was a legend for us, turned round the whole attitude of the Club. But football has moved on and left him behind.

PG

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I only put together recently that Adams had basically a front row seat for many of Le Tissier's golazos in the early 90's - he was certainly on the pitch for some classics; that ridiculous brace against Newcastle, the mazy run vs Blackburn and the one where he spanks it in against Wimbledon.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't care how bad he has been since, or how bad the second spell was (bar Man City) - will always have a soft spot for Micky Adams.

We had been so shite for so long when he built that team, and right from the 14 unbeaten to finish the season before it was brilliant to watch not only Zamora running riot, but the 'all-for-one' attitude of Cullip/Oatway/Rogers/Carpenter etc.

From where we were, putting together a team on a shoestring that got back to back promotions was some achievement. And he also pitched in with the protests and marches for Falmer when it was all a long way off. I think that day at Plymouth was one of my favourite as an Albion fan.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
A very sound man will always associate keep the faith and it's a marathon not a sprint with Micky he was great for us

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Ha, my home town, played for Town growing up. It was always a really poorly run club from the ground up but it was the only one in town. Impressed that he's there, it at least shows it can't possibly be as shambolic now :lolol:

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Ha, my home town, played for Town growing up. It was always a really poorly run club from the ground up but it was the only one in town. Impressed that he's there, it at least shows it can't possibly be as shambolic now :lolol:

Also grew up in the area (Foxton), and went to Robert Smyth school in Harborough. :thumbsup:

Used to go to Harborough swimming baths often and we always did the big shop there when I was growing up (MAC Market). Fond memories of the toy shop on the corner of the road up to the market/swimming baths.

My Godmother's husband runs Goodmans (the white goods retailer) if you recall it.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Isn't he also doing some sort of FA assessor role? Turning up at prem games and making sure everything is ship shape. He was on the radio talking about that and his book a few weeks ago.

*I may have dreamed this.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Also grew up in the area (Foxton), and went to Robert Smyth school in Harborough. :thumbsup:

Used to go to Harborough swimming baths often and we always did the big shop there when I was growing up (MAC Market). Fond memories of the toy shop on the corner of the road up to the market/swimming baths.

My Godmother's husband runs Goodmans (the white goods retailer) if you recall it.
some of my ancestors came from Belton the Kemps name all over the local church.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Anyone up for MkIII?

hughton has had his moments but we all know after a couple of defeats the clamour for Adams and bob booker will be irresistible

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Small world!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A very sound man will always associate keep the faith and it's a marathon not a sprint with Micky he was great for us

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" was another of his little nuggets :thumbsup:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Was the right man at the right time. Gave me a couple of my favourite seasons following the Albion so for that I'll always have a soft spot for him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here