Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stock Prices Spam (scam)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm bored again. Should say I know nothing about shares.
So this morning I get an email (spam) telling me about a stock whose name I wont give publicity to, but how it is going to climb. It's 10 cents now but will go up 16 fold due to a cure for some medical complaint. It names the stock but doesn't ask for money or anything.
1/ Are they themselves working for said company hoping to raise their price?
2/ Is this an "Arthur Daley" scheme of sending out millions of emails and following up on those that 'won' until only a 100 are left, all winners, and I'm flogged a dead horse?
And before you ask, went down 13% yesterday and 98% in the last three months.

D

Deleted member 2719

So this morning I get an email (spam) telling me about a stock whose name I wont give publicity to, but how it is going to climb. It's 10 cents now but will go up 16 fold due to a cure for some medical complaint. It names the stock but doesn't ask for money or anything.
2/ Is this an "Arthur Daley" scheme of sending out millions of emails and following up on those that 'won' until only a 100 are left, all winners, and I'm flogged a dead horse?

Go on give out the name.

GSK???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Isn't it a case of somebody buying a wedge of stock for next to nothing, then sending out millions of emails hoping enough gullible people invest in the stock. Because loads of people invest in the stock the price rises and the somebody who started makes loads of money by selling the stock while the mugs then fight over who gets the most losses as the price then deflates to it real value.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

:facepalm: :wrong:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Boiler room, there's no substitute for doing the hard research I only invest in companies known to me and companies looking for investment that i can go and speak to or see the product / service

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Another classic scam!

This is the Arthur Daley scam but I think he's got it wrong on the video.
Horse racing. 7 horse race, send out 70000 emails (10000 per horse). 10000 winners as one horse wins. Split them into 7 groups, give each group a horse in a race. 1428 winners. And so it goes on 204 winners race three, select a 5 horse race thus 41 winners and keep going until there are 8 individuals who have each had five straight winners (even better if outsiders have won). Then offer these 8 people the sixth horse for £10,000.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
45mill.png

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Have you seen The Wolf Of Wall Street?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Isn't it a case of somebody buying a wedge of stock for next to nothing, then sending out millions of emails hoping enough gullible people invest in the stock. Because loads of people invest in the stock the price rises and the somebody who started makes loads of money by selling the stock while the mugs then fight over who gets the most losses as the price then deflates to it real value.

That is actually quite a clever scam

Aug 23, 2011
Ok, i am just a novice in this field!

Any tips???

haha, no i'm a novice too, i work in the pharmaceutical business so know a little about some of the main players. Although if you want a load of stock in an up and coming company currently trading at 40p i can sell it to you for the bargain price of 80p a share :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here